Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical KwiK Wire 8 Circuit HELP....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dyno Dave, Apr 26, 2024.

1. Dyno Dave

Dyno Dave

Hey, asking for help on a Kwik Wire 8 circuit fuse block & terminal strip set up being installed in our '54 Bel Air post. This is the standard issue not the budget offering. bought it in 2019ish, for what ever reason I don't have the invoice nor the important instructions. Hoping someone has and would be willing to share the terminal strip schematic information, wanting to verify to see if the our numbered connections between the block & strip are correct.

Have owned this one 20+ years in the third & final upgrade, been in rehab going on 8 years, want'a drive it.... Thanks, Dyno Dave [email protected] (360) 774-6246

Last edited: Apr 26, 2024
  2. 3quarter32

3quarter32

3. BJR

BJR

Arn't the wires marked? My 20 circuit Kwik wire kit had what each wire was for printed on the wire.

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

upload_2024-4-26_14-45-49.png Screenshot (67).png
    That wiring harness instruction pfd is something that everyone who does their own work should download and save to the computer. It takes a bit of sorting through to find what you need but has detailed instructions that answer a lot of questions on the "how do I wire this" in it.
    https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...-08cd-4097-83c1-7de42cc0cb5d.pdf?v=1590552626

5. RodStRace

RodStRace

and for those who are still skeered of those smoke filled noodles, print off a copy of the diagram and grab a highlighter. One circuit at a time. Disconnect, then reconnect battery each time, always work 'cold'.

Battery and Start, make sure it cranks.
    Add stop and turn, (always on) check operation.
    Add horn, (always on) check operation.

Add gauge senders, with ign on check operation.
    Add wiper, with ign on check operation (with wiper arms off).
    Add ignition, see if it starts.
    Add charging, run to see if it works.
    Add accessories one at a time.

firstinsteele, Motorwrxs and lostone like this.
  6. Is this the old style one with 8 fuses, 2 flashers, and a horn relay wired to an unmounted 10 place terminal strip?

7. Dyno Dave

Dyno Dave

Rich, yes it is... part # SKU 2002. John deleted the hazard flasher and did a headlight relay instead. Wanting the schematic to verify that that the numbered wires are in correct position in terminal strip... He has returned home, so trying to get the basics done before bringing in a pro to finish up. Thank you, Dyno Dave

8. Here's a drawing of one of those we put in a '54 Bel Air with notations of what fuse, flasher, or relay they were linked to along with their usage. I think there was a battery and accessory feed wires into the fuse panel that are not listed. I don't remember their diagram being useful and had to make a plan on my own.

mikes panel.jpg

Last edited: Apr 27, 2024
  9. Dyno Dave

Dyno Dave

Rich, thank you for your posting, it and with this morning me crawling under the dash seeing those rings of wiring hanging there. I realized this is for the pro to finish, I'm concerned about doing wiring damage because of I didn't know any better. Have a shift light and air/fuel ratio system still to be installed, I'll work on the projects that I can do.
    Again Thank You !!! Dyno Dave

10. IIRC, my 14 circuit harness, wire #30 and #35 were gauge lights and gauge power. I mounted 2 terminal strips for each circuit and made the terminals all common with jumpers. It was easy and access is good. I made a bracket to mount them to.

RodStRace likes this.