Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Let's finish the 50 Chevy pickup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lloyd's paint & glass, Dec 29, 2023.

1. Los_Control

Los_Control
    from TX

I have my own theory about deer .... They are a really dumb animal, their hearing is so sensitive.
    So when they hear a loud motorcycle they want to run away .... but hey are so confused because of the loud noise they do not know which direction to run .... Ultimately they run into the noise and not away.

I do not know if there is any truth to it .... just my opinion .... A dumb animal that is scared and panicking. ..... Loud pipes do not save lives.

2. Of the 6 Harleys we have, the one we hit the deer with, was the only one with stock, quiet mufflers. I do find your thoughts on deer to be true. People can say what they want, but I’ve lived on this farm since 1986 and to me, deer are nothing more than pests to be dealt with like common pests should be.

3. Hey Brother, that’s great news on the oil pressure situation! Best news I’ve heard all day.

4. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

My ford truck does .
    Great news Lloyd

5. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

6. hotrodjack33, SS327, enloe and 4 others like this.
  7. Hey Brother! Looking snazzy! Won’t be long now! I’m counting the days.

chevy57dude likes this.
  8. That's gettin' it done! How does the seat feel? The one in my old panel truck had a pillow jammed in it and an army blanket cover. Now about that hole in the floor....

9. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Where's he gonna put the empty beer can's if there's no hole in the floor? :p

10. It sits good, I didn't make the trip to get the other seat, but it's waiting on me when I do. And I haven't gotten around to making the trans cover, or any of the other pieces to stop all of the holes up lmao!

11. Me too man. I'm about half thinking on building a whole new engine for this truck. Haven't made my mind up, but I'd feel better knowing what it is.

12. If your luck is anything like mine, I’d build another engine. So many people I know can get by with all kinds of questionable automotive equipment, but if I tried it, I’d be walking. I wish I were closer, I’d love to help you build a Small Block. As of late, all I get build are diesels.

13. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Build your BBC, in the mean time run the SBC you've got in it!

14. I'd love to but it's not possible at the moment. I'd have to change headers and exhaust and who knows what else. This truck will go up for sale this fall, and I'll build another gasser, the big block will go in that :D:cool:

15. CycleTech

CycleTech
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I call first dibs on it.

16. Budget36

Budget36

Well I’ll be, I didn’t know you were planning to sell it. I thought it was a replacement for the El Camino.

What will you be looking for as a gasser?

chevy57dude likes this.
  17. Nothing specific, 2 door post would be nice, but I'm not picky, I'm possibly buying a 69 Camaro this week or next, I'll stick a straight axle under that! Lol

SS327, enloe, Budget36 and 1 other person like this.
  18. All yours if ya want it lol... I might get intoxicated and sell it in Bowling Green :D

19. TA DAD

TA DAD
    from NC

You could and put a Hemi in it, oh wait that has already been done !

20. Outta sight, outta mind.
    Sometimes you just have to ignore the obvious, if it keeps running, your golden! :)HRP

PS - I had a sbc that cold showed 40 psi when it got warm 5 psi all day long.
    took 5 years for that engine to die!

21. Don’t worry Brother, if that happens, I’ll give you a ride home!

22. Shit I'll have a pocket full of money! Well head on to Nashville for a couple more days! We'll get little Andy on stage somewhere :D

23. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

And you said you wasn’t color coordinated. :p

24. Ain't that some shit??? :D $39 including a can of glue lmao

25. Love It!

Please put some black carpet in it though!!!!!

If you are serious about building another small block....All you have to do is take a ride up here! I have probably half a dozen balanced 30 over 350's that I built & were running when I pulled them out of the truck I was transporting with back in the 90's- 2000's. You are more than welcome to one of them, all they would need is rings & bearings as I pulled them while they were running. I also have a set of center bolt heads that are fresh in the bag that I will probably never use, you are welcome to them as well! You drive that thing up here & I will set all this shit in it & you take it home! LOL:D

By the way...Be careful! That amount of color mixed with adult beverages will cause some serious issues! LMAO!!!:eek::p:D

God Bless
    Bill
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...ar-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/

SS327, enloe, guthriesmith and 5 others like this.
  26. Yeah I'll put some carpet in it eventually lol... maybe some orange shag! I picked up a 350 core, but like everybody here is saying, I'm just gonna run it and see how it goes, that noise didn't come back, just a hoax I guess. I'll let it ride a couple of weeks, still leaves me time if I need to throw one together. :D You're a good friend though, I appreciate the offer. :cool:

27. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dude!!! That interior is about to send me into an Epileptic Seizure!!! LOL!!! :D:eek::p

28. @427 sleeper - There's a vehicle name in there somewhere. ''The Seizure Sleezer'' or some such...