Register now to get rid of these ads!

"Lionheart"

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by War 'n Petes Racing, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Chev axle with EH Holden stub and hub (waiting for material to arrive so I can machine some custom bushes to make it work)

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  2. Bit of mock-up with wheels I will be using (with 14" Cokers)

Daniel Clark likes this.
  3. esfoder

esfoder
    from Oregon

Wow looks warm there. Been colder than a witches tit for 4 months in NE Oregon.

4. 90s most days, too hot to work in the garage, it is Autumn now and it still hasn't cooled.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. Some "rough" plans drawn up last night. This is about version 9.[​IMG]

Wheelbase down to about 105 inches. 58 inch track. Gone from parallel leaves to no suspension and now regular suicide set-up. Third type of rear end.

Daniel Clark likes this.
  6. Question: If I use tie-rod type connection at frame end of "wishbones/hairpins" can the axle end be totally fixed? (effectively making axle and bones one piece - pivoting only at frame and spring shackle/mounts)

7. bobw

bobw

Yes, That will work. Gonna be an interesting race car. Are you using metric graph paper?

8. Today's score! Not gonna fit the rules but might see some use for non HA/GR events

Crosley and elgringo71 like this.
  9. Kind of a milestone today. Picked up steel for chassis and some front suspension bits (as well as a mig welder and cut-off saw - donations from my wonderful father-in-law).[​IMG]

10. Had to move a bit of stuff in his shop to get to the welder. He repairs power tools for a living so he comes in handy (has electrical engineering background) he is very supportive regarding the HAMBster and is great to bounce ideas off.[​IMG]

11. spanners

spanners

Hurry up! You've got to have it running for 30th April at Willowbank Nostalgias. Just kidding, but get workin'.

12. Car won't be at Nostalgia's but I certainly will. I will see you there (I'll be the guy with the camera and the tape measure skulking around the HA/GRs).

-Pete.

13. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Ya can't have too many, mate. ;)