Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Lizbeths Model T speedster build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by lizbeth, Oct 29, 2013.

1. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

On a cold winters day in Iowa the barn is not the best place to be so....We being of not so sound minds go Really Old School and take to the dog sled instead.:p Here are some pics of me and the dogs doing what they do best drag my raggity butt around, and the pics of Old School and even Older School transportation, plus my future codriver and hopefuly Lead dog. Hope you enjoy our odd kind of humor, winter gets a person a little crazy..:D Oh the car is my version of Tims Dragster hauler.Ha HA..:rolleyes: Beth

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. Those dogs look like they could use a little Flathead help!:rolleyes:
    Great photos:cool:

3. The dogs don't seem to mind the weather. You could hook them up to the speedster and go for a ride :).

4. pumpman

pumpman

I've been wondering what you guys have been up to other then trying to stay warm. Not the kind of winter to be working on a car in a cold barn.

5. [​IMG]
    now to put a platform on the front so the puppies can ride Beth, give them a break

6. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Tim is my picture Guy so the thanks goes to him, he does a good job. ;) As for the flathead help they need a little less hardhead help,:rolleyes: The 2 of them are really pulling machines and We have 2 more big dogs to work with so.. With cars and dogs I have my work cutout for me.. I am glad you got a kick out of our winter fun, Thanks for watching my build.:) Beth

7. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Tim was talking about making the car into a dog hauler, he has the big truck for the dragster so why not a little one for me? :D We can always make it removeable and I am back in the Speedster mode.:cool: Running with them was a blast and like a lot of my fun with Tim a first for me...Not the last I have big dreams for my 4 footed Buddies. :cool: Tim found a pic of the car hauler before it was one.... Dogs are always part of his life one way or the other..Beth/Musher

Attached Files:

8. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

I'd say the all the big dogs would have no problem pulling the T around:D, Beth

9. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Looks like we'll be messing with the dogs again ,Snowing like crazy out there:eek:, Beth

10. hum 8am 50 degrees sunny........ guess it ain't so bad out here.....

11. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Hi Carl, Snowed in today couldn't get to work:rolleyes: , So at 9 AM -10 degrees I was out walking the pup, even snow dogs don't like -10 degrees when they are puppys:D Neither do I :eek: ,,Beth

12. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Winter is over. it should be spring,:mad:,,, No I live in Iowa,:rolleyes:, An inch if snow on April 14. go figure,,,,There is only one way to fix that. move some car parts to the new work area in My barn. clean some bird stuff off the T's engine. and help Tim with some fine tuning on the Dragster.:)..And such is life in the middle of nowhere in April. Hope you enjoy the pic's. Beth

Attached Files:

13. Jungle Jalopy

Jungle Jalopy

Just went through this whole thread. Awesome project! AaooogaH!

14. olskool34

olskool34

I feel ya when it comes to snow, just got 5 inches over night. Set a new snow fall record here in Detroit.

15. Fast Brass

Fast Brass
    from Central CT

Awesome thread. Subscribed.

We are building a T Speedster and part of the reason for the choice was to take on a project that my wife and I could both do a lot of work on ourselves. I am sure she will be going through this entire thread.

Will be posting our thread soon - we are starting with a chassis that is maybe 75% there and the wooden body, but still essentially building the car...

Good luck and please keep posting on the car and the dogs!! German Shepherds are our other interest!

Steve

16. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Thanks for reading our thread, it is a long process, and now that Mother Nature is being a little nicer we can get more done. Snow in April however isn't my idea of nice. Need to get in my barn and get the rear end put together and keep moving along. Thanks again for following us. Beth

17. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Snow in April go figure..:( I need a little more sunshine:p, have a lot of work to do, one step at a time and steady as she goes and soon I will have a Model T to putt around in. Thanks for following us. Beth

18. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Looking forward to seeing how you are doing. It is good to hear about another Lady car person, we are kinda few and far between.;) I am having fun working and learning at the same time. My Tim is a good teacher.:) The dogs are a big part of our lives also, I am working on building a sleddog team, 7 dogs is a huge start and a lot of work, but we will make it. I kinda want to make the car into a sleddog carrier, some how it just seams to be a neat idea, could be a new fashion statement.:rolleyes: Good luck on your build I will be watching. Beth

19. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

Today I got Tim down in my barn/shop and away from his dragster:). He was at a standstill so....I had the chance to have him help put the rearend together. We havd a few small cliches :(, bolts that wouldn't start and wrenches that seem to have a mind of their own, thus the pic of my toe:eek:, oh I know I should have shoes on :rolleyes:but I seldom wear them. Now we have good weather we can get outside and back on track, dragster is #1 right now. I have been helping on that when Tim needs to give his old back a rest;).Hope you enjoy the new pics..Beth

Attached Files:

20. Oh Beth, Beth, Beth........ please wear shoes don't need no down time due to aches and PAINS.......................

21. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Carl I think She is trying to be a charter member of your Bumps and Bruise's Racing Team:D Dropped rachets and flip flops don't go too well together:rolleyes:,, Tim Jones

22. yea it ain't too cool for welding either................

23. whtbaron

whtbaron
    from manitoba

Great thread, I'm subscribed as well. I noticed in one of the earlier pics that you still had the crank as well. I'd keep that...non-functioning of course.

24. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

The crank will stay. Looks only ,I have heard horror stories about broken limbs from angry cranks:( Thanks for following our thread. Beth

25. pumpman

pumpman

Speaking of broken, how's the toe?

26. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

My toe is back to being a regular toe again:) The stories of cranks are as early as my childhood from my Grandmother talking about their old Ford, some times it was just easier to take the horse...so we will just keep that in mind and there is always my dogs if need be:rolleyes: We are getting ready to put the rebuilt rearend back in, one step closer. Here are some new pics. Thanks for asking about my toe. ;) Beth

Attached Files:

27. T27owner

T27owner
    from Nebraska

Whatever you do make 2 of them. That way i don't have to haul all the parts to my place. Just rebuilt ones:) thanks

28. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

I will get right on that:rolleyes: Somewhere between Tims car , dogs , oh and my ever presemt birds. Here is what I do in my spare time , I sit with Shiloh the dog in Tims car.:p So it may be a while but I will build you a car too.:cool:

Attached Files:

29. I love the dogs pictures! I am a dog person for sure. I relate much better to dogs than people. Dogs are special! Here is my guy Scout! And one with his cousin Elsie after swimming in the pond.

Attached Files:

30. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

I also get along with critters better then most people ( Tim is not most people he is OK:) ). We have 10 dogs and I have 23 birds, there is always someone to talk to around here. With all the critters and car projects we stay REALLY busy, but it is a good busy:p. Your Little Buddy is a handsome young man :D. Thanks for following us on our thread. Beth