Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features My dog ate my car!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skiviskaves, Jul 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skiviskaves

skiviskaves

I was out of town for the weekend at Iola swap meet. My wife left the 8 month old black lab unattended in the garage. The dog tore off and chewed up pieces of the running boards on both sides of my '36. She almost got the noose when I got home...and I was pretty mad at the dog too :) I'm still sick every time I look at the car. Anyone ever loose a piece of their hot rod to a pet? Anyone know a place to get reasonably priced running board mats?

Attached Files:

2. cs39ford

cs39ford

About 20 years ago I had a T bucket in my garage The new puppy dog next store came over and chewed up all the wiring under the back end Worked a weekend replacing everything! The house next store is a half a block away We live in the country!!!!!!!!!!!

3. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

dog hide with the fur side down should wear very well.

fourspeedwagon and clem like this.
  4. Goes back almost 30 years ago but we were tapped as the caretaker of a Irish Sitter after a aunt passed away..it was a spur of the moment decision to put the dog in the garage while we went to work. my intention was to build a fence the upcoming weekend.

Turns out my temporary housing was a bad mistake,he destroyed the seat on my '56 Harley - Davidson and I was building a servi - car and had just recently found a pristine service manual which the dog also ripped to shreds and last but not least my Brooks Brothers leather jacket..yeah,he chewed it up too!

When we came home and saw the mess I grabbed what was left of the manual and swatted him once in the hind quarter and he went out the door yelping,,,I never saw the dog again. HRP

skiviskaves likes this.

5. aaggie

aaggie

Until they get about two years old a Lab will chew on anything. Just leave chew toys scattered around and when they get the urge they will go for the toy, most of the time. After two they become great companions and a source of pride, most of the time.
    Labs are not good watch/guard dogs and if someone breaks in they will meet them with a toy in their mouth, most of the time.

6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

maybe your dog thinks smoothie running boards would look better.

7. Yep mine chewed the mudflaps of my new 4X4., chewed up my stetson while laying on my bed reading/chewing on an outdoor mag. When I came home from work & opened the door there she was tail wagging just so glad I was home. Another one I had thought the truck bed was hers & if I didn't take her with me every time I went some where she would throw a tantrum & upset her food,wouldn't eat & throwup all over the place. I jus heard on the tube that dogs do get jealous. Ya think?

8. I was never a real dog lover and now I know why.

9. Gman0046

Gman0046

When I saw your post title of "Dog Ate My Car" and before I read the post I knew it was a Lab that did it. We've had a few Labs and have a yellow female right now, trust me your lucky only the running boards were eaten. Nothing can do more damage then a Lab left alone.

10. Jim636

Jim636
    from Wyandotte

Not my car but I've lost a couple of couches,pillows a rug........great now I'm pissed looking at these dogs.

knotheads likes this.
  11. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

Trust me you got off easy. Imagine eight goats on a shiny 50 Ford Coupe two on the deck, two on the hood and four on the roof. Makes for a picturesque barnyard scene.

12. Not me, but a guy I worked with years ago. He was the biggest liar that I have ever met. He was incapable of telling the truth. Seem he had an old Caddy parked behind his garage that he was going to fix up as soon as he was done with some Pebble Beach restoration that he was in the middle of. BTW, we worked at a trailer plant, building travel trailers. Anyhoo, he also had a 200 pound pit bull. When he went to retrieve the Cad, all he found was a few nuts, bolts and some odd parts. The dog had eaten the car. Imagine that!!

13. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

I had just got my shoebox in primer, after years of multi-shades of red I blocked the whole car and got it in a nice even shade...Next day the wife, not paying attention, left the cat in the garage...Claws do work when going down hill, as in sliding down a hood or deck lid, actually both...The wife couldn't understand why I was so mad; like she didn't do it on purpose did not matter to me.....If I ever wanted to beat her it was then..26 years later and I still haven't..The cat made it to nineteen...Musta cooled down.....

14. Ulu

Ulu
    from CenCal

My buddy in college left his Lab inside his '66 Biscayne while he went to dinner with this gal. Well one thing led to another & he ended up not going back to his car until morning.
    Amazingly the lab never peed in the car once, but had chewed up every seat, door panel & the entire headliner. This taught me to never leave a dog inn the car alone.

Otherwise our dogs neve ate a car but they ate the tail light wires off both of my trailers, and chewed up a boat trailer mudflap and the 7-way electric plug. Now I don't let them around my stuff alone. Ever.

15. There was a thing going around the internet a while back where a dog, also a lab I think, had literally chewed up the plastic fenders on some late model O/T car.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.