Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Feature: User Tags

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Ryan, May 7, 2014.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

User tagging is one of the new features of the H.A.M.B.. Essentially, tagging a user is an easy way to alert another user of a something of interest. Here's an example:

Let's say I find a thread about blown flatheads and it's something I think my buddy Kevin might be into. I reply with something like this:

@Kevin Lee Check out this blower motor. He was smart with that pulley setup.

What happens is that Kevin will get an alert (the lightening bolt in the upper right hand side of every page will turn red) the next time he is on the forum telling him to check out the thread.

Cool, huh?

Also note that if you quote another user in a thread, that user will get an alert as well.

2. pinkynoegg

pinkynoegg

@krkx93 I don't think we will be productive at all anymore

3. D-man313

D-man313

4. @Ryan............I really like this function!

5. Well I'm still not exactly sure what tagging is. Even after reading this post heh. I've heard the term but I don't belong to any social sites so its something I've never partaken in. My guess is since its something I've never used I probably wont use it here.

The site looks great! Tons of work for sure. Still poking around getting it figured out.

6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

@CG You can totally ignore it then. :)

7. Yeah there is a ton of stuff I can see I wont use right away. But I'm sure as time goes by, one by one, Ill give each new feature a try, and eventually I'll assimilate into the Borg we all call the HAMB :)

8. silverdome

silverdome

Resistance is Futile!

9. seatex

seatex

@Ryan does this really work? check..............check............testing one, two
    Also I was trying to set up an account on the store page, but don't see a "create account" tab. I thought my Alliance membership might do it, but under log in it shows "no account exist". Searched the FAQS. but nada. User error, no doubt, any suggestions (besides the obvious:confused:)?