Register now to get rid of these ads!

New member - 1957 Pontiac Star Chief Tri-power

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by GreyBeard57, Mar 31, 2024.

1. GreyBeard57

GreyBeard57

Hi All,
    I've been absorbing info here and elsewhere since I got my '57 Pontiac early last year. You guys have some of the best experience and information around.
    I'm a recently retired Engineer, was a car guy years ago but got busy with life and other things (houses, boats, tractors, RV's) and never made the time to get back into it. A few years ago my wife and I bought a house with a big garage so now is the time.
    My first car when I was 15-16 years old was a '55 Buick Century that I got for free (yeah, needed work). I was able to overhaul that 322 without pulling the engine. Also had a '66 Bonneville, '72 Z-28, and some foreign sporty cars. And I worked as a mechanic for 3 years while i was in college. The 'new' 57 Pontiac will be an updated daily driver, not restored. The first updates were front disc brakes from CPP and a modern power brake booster, master cylinder and metering valve. Then Vintage Air. It's coming along.

Attached Files:

Toms Dogs and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. Welcome to the HAMB from Illinois.

Nice Poncho.

3. Welcome. Great looking Pontiac.

4. ....You can avoid thumbnails and make your pictures larger by hitting the "Full Image" button before hitting the "Reply" button..:D

5. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Welcome from WI :D

6. pvfjr

pvfjr
    1. Hydro Tech

Beautiful car! I've got a '58 Star Chief more-door hardtop sitting on my back burner. I hope to work on it soon. I love the idea of the mildly updated daily.

I've got a '55 Roadmaster with a 322 sitting on the back burner too. We must have similar tastes!

Feel free to share more pics when you get the chance. I'd love to see more of what a good one looks like.