Register now to get rid of these ads!

New member, greeting from apple valley,ca

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Sun shinning, Mar 20, 2024.

1. Sun shinning

Sun shinning

Howdy, names Luke . Been in collision repair and classic car restoration industry since 09. Have always had side work doing classic car restorations up until 2022 I quit taking in work. Got burnt out struggling during holidays. Not interested in opening a shop anymore like so many of my past loyal customers have suggested. Currently focusing on my own dreams, buy my own house( not rent) . And build my dream hot rod which recently was made possible by taco bills ( builder of the goldenrod clone and all around kool guy) met him marketplace selling a 1928 model a cowl. N instantly discovered hot rod heaven. Picked up 1930 front suspension, split the bones. Picked up the rear section of a 1926 model t Tudor as well as a very clean model a frame. And in next couple months he will be tutoring me on building it from scratch at his home. It'll be different n difficult cause I'm 6'7". So our collaboration is a roadster set on top of widend model a frame so I get most use of leg room . Like a model a modified. 110" wheelbase. Small block 5 speed. Goal is build it under 5k. He said heck yeah.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. Sun shinning

Sun shinning

Hanging out at taco bills hot rod heaven

Attached Files:

lothiandon1940 and Toms Dogs like this.
  3. Sun shinning

Sun shinning

Lol I took the model a front suspension to work to clean it up n split the wishbone n had to like explain n show to everyone that does collision repair that yes this is front suspension via 80 years ago. Another pic is the idea we collaborate on. I don't like the boxey look of a 1928/29 Rpu. So we were like what about this? A 26ish Tudor rear section. Has great flow. Nice sweeping curve n it's different.

Attached Files:

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. Welcome to the HAMB from Illinois.

Looking forward to Watching your project progress.

5. 32percenter

32percenter

6. 2ndcavtanker

2ndcavtanker

Welcome from Tennessee