Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects New project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Zigs, Mar 17, 2024.

1. Zigs

Zigs

Picking this up this Wednesday. Super excited.
    You don't find many all together and it runs, not well but it runs. 1936 International C1.
    Parts are hard to find and expensive. Why do I do this. I will be needing parts I'm sure.
    One thing I need is a 1936 Washington State truck plate if you have one or know anyone I would be interested.

Attached Files:

2. 05snopro440

05snopro440

That's a dream find. Congrats! I love those early IH pickups.

Tow Truck Tom, Zigs and chryslerfan55 like this.
  3. OOOH, I like those binders, they look better style-wise than other makes of trucks in those years.
    good luck with it, any plans yet?
    ..here's a younger IH that I started but is for sale as a roller.
    you don't see that many IH's but more pop up every now and then as other more popular stuff gets hard to find or too costly.

upload_2024-3-18_6-37-9.jpeg

4. Ziggster

Ziggster

Agree. Those IH trucks are really nice looking. You see them pop up on kijiji here in Canada once in while from out west where they are mostly rust free.

5. Great style in those trucks.

Tow Truck Tom, Zigs and chryslerfan55 like this.
  6. Zigs

Zigs

I want to keep the patina. Switch 6 to 12v, probably clean up cab, get it running right. Needs some body work. He has a set of artillery wheels he said he switch for the wire wheels if I wanted.

7. In_The_Pink

In_The_Pink

Zigs and Tow Truck Tom like this.
  8. Illustrious Hector

Illustrious Hector

Please hit the full size for your pics. There was a '38 came to the wrecking yard I worked at years ago, pretty complete, but sitting for decades. They got 3 grand for it in back in '04.

9. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

lots of fun ahead

10. Tow Truck Tom

Tow Truck Tom
    from Clayton DE

Super Sweet. You do this 'cause you must.
    Each time I've seen one the memory stays and stays
    When done you'll be KING of the ROAD:D

Balljoint likes this.
  11. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is about what a friend of mine started with when he built his 30 years ago.
    As for 36 truck plate check with the guy who restores plates right there in Yakima. I see him at the Yakima swapmeet every year and he runs an add on FB marketplace most of the time. He has been selling YOM plates as long as I can remember and correctly restores them.

I'd agree with the concept of sitting down and writing and drawing out a plan for the build. I'm guilty and know too many others who either don't have a plan or change horses in the middle of the stream so many times that their feet never dry out long enough to get anything done. You have to have a plan laid out.
    You also have to have a build theme down that you follow and keep the build on track so it doesn't look like some of the mix mash of build theme things running around that obviously never followed a theme. You are on the HAMB so you just saved the money one would spend on big ugly billet wheels and goofy tires. On early pickups simple rules, they don't need frigging frufru added on except maybe some nice varnished wood low profile side racks if that is something you like.
    I'm not a "patina" fan thinking that most of the time it is a fancy excuse for being lazy but I would rather see a rod with a very well built chassis and solid under the skin body running the patina look than some torn down to the last bolt project that languishes in the garage or shoved out of the garage because nothing gets done and the builder is overwhelmed.

12. bubba55

bubba55

Ya lucky lucky Fawker - nice score - I’m jealous - but happy for you - kindly keep us posted on your progress

Zigs likes this.
  13. Zigs ,
    That’s a good looking truck to be starting on .

My favorite part is your avatar,,,and the fact you are a Mopar Man !

Tommy

14. Doublepumper

Doublepumper
    from WA-OR, USA

15. Blue Moon Garage

Blue Moon Garage

100_4340.JPG 100_4345.JPG 100_3322.JPG 100_3322.JPG 100_3323.JPG They make neat rods!

16. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man, that is a nice one. Probably won't park by too many of them at the hot rod show, except for the one that Blue Moon just posted...

-Abone.

Zigs likes this.
  17. Absolutely! And I really like the sheet metal mirror arm.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2024
    Toms Dogs, 41 GMC K-18 and Zigs like this.
  18. Zigs

Zigs

Not my first rodeo. I've been building and flipping cars for around 40 yrs , mostly mopar. I came from an International family always liked them. Cousin owns Okanogan truck and tractor International Case. Been in the family around 70 years. I like the patina but will work out dents and do what I said in my first introduction. More interested in getting it to run and function first. As far as the guy in Yakima he sold the only 36 truck plate he had . Theres another guy over in Marysville also.

19. Zigs

Zigs

I should mention that the guy selling me the 36 has a complete 35 with seized engine he wants to sell. I'll take pictures of it when I pick mine up.

RodStRace likes this.
  20. vtx1800

vtx1800
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice looking truck, I missed one of those on a sale back in the early 80's:(

Zigs likes this.
  21. Stan Back

Stan Back
    from California

I see the truck by "Blue Moon Garage" has the "International" engine for a hot rod truck.

J. A. Miller and Zigs like this.
  22. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

nice score......keep on truckin....

Zigs likes this.
  23. I expect the artillery wheels have a better chance of being “true” and useable, but hard to beat the look of the wires. Nice project.

Zigs likes this.
  24. Zigs

Zigs

Thanks I've had that avatar for years. Mopar and International go hand n hand

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  25. Did you get the pickup and the artillery wheels?

26. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

Endless possibilities here!
    IMG_0785.jpeg IMG_0784.jpeg

27. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Looks like you have plenty of time to find a tag. :)

Woogeroo and Stan Back like this.
  28. Zigs

Zigs

No , kept the wires

29. Zigs

Zigs

I went ahead and bought collector plates

30. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very cool . Last year of wooden frame work in the cab and doors . Maybe a hopped up 6 banger for power.