Register now to get rid of these ads!

New SDRA build for tulsa

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by Mr. Mac, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Rand Man

Rand Man

They look good. Did those others only look warped after you heated them up, or were they screwy from first mount?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Daniel Clark

Daniel Clark

Screwy from the start.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

They sucked from the start Randy, We even had them shaved down to where they were flat but they still would not work. But I will say the other guys use them and they work pretty well for them. They just don't work on our light car. And I love your new car Rand Man.

4. CrkInsp

CrkInsp
    from B.A. OK

If that doesn't fix the problem, you'll just have to quit tipping the can as far.LOL

5. Old28

Old28

What size are the new slicks?

6. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

10x15

7. Rand Man

Rand Man

How's it going in earthquake land? Were you able to run it yet?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

Things did not go to well for us last Friday night:(:(:( rocker stand failure 002.JPG

9. bobw

bobw

Holy Guacamole! Have you figured out what caused that? Coil bind? Spring pressure? Bad casting?

10. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Interesting. Is that a weld bead around the bottom of the broken stand?

11. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

Nope it was a brand new head. But there will be a weld bead cause we know a guy that can fix it.

12. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

We had an issue with the crank trigger that changed the timing on that run so the cylinder that didn't fire filled with fuel and damage was created Dammit. At least that is what were thinking. I know what you guys are thinking but so far we have found no other damage.

13. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

Well after all these months we finally got the head got the head back together. So while we were waiting we built a weight bar for the car to try to help with our traction problem. We also had a stud girdle built hopefully to cure our breaking rocker stud problem. Then the valve cover would not fit over the stud girdle:(:( Now we have to build a new valve cover. Now every thing is back together. Saturday is Tulsa's first test and tune so we planed to take the car out to see how everything works. BUT when we went to adjust the valves this morning plans changed. When we brought it up on TDC on the balancer the piston was not up all the way like when the piston was up the intake valve was open not good. So engine comes out and goes back to the engine builder Friday. God! I love race cars.

14. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

Do you know for sure the balancer outer ring has not slipped? Common. Set the valves on #1 by watching the two rocker arms on #6, likewise by looking at all the other "buddy" cylinders as such:

1s buddy is 6, 5s buddy is 2, 3s buddy is 4, etc,etc.

15. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

Key way sheared on balancer letting it turn and wobble on crank. Balancer was on tight, Of course it screwed up end of(stroker) crank.:(

16. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

You can drill and tap the crank and put set screws in between the balancer and crank.. I have had to do it on a big block and it has worked for over 100,000. Miles

17. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

I will keep your idea in mind,Thanks. The little motor only runs 1/4 mile at a time at around 8200rpm.

18. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

When I did mine I used a new balancer, and I used 3 screws

19. Rand Man

Rand Man

20. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

Finally got the engine back together and in the car this last week, All we got left is install the intake and hook up fuel lines. Plan on testing this coming Friday but of course it is suppose to rain. Thank's for asking Randy.

21. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

We actually got the car all back together and running. Took it to Tulsa for some testing last Friday night and finally the car hooked up to the tack(100 lb weight bar done the trick) we were happy. Ok, the little car's first pass netted a 11.86 et after my partner(Driver) made a few mistakes getting brain and foot to hook up with gas pedal so probably killed a few tenths or so. So while getting ready for next pass driver notices fuel cap missing Opps! Fueling the car was my job. Well I took the 5th and I no nothing. We all looked up and down the track and never found it so we were done for the night.:(:( I call the car little because here what it looks like up next to another SDRA car. This was a photo opp last year and not racing. Next time sdra car test session 014.JPG

22. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

I like your roll cage.
    safe

23. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Looking (and running) good. What wheelbase & curb weight'd you come out at?

24. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

118wb 930lbs wet and without driver and weight bar. Still tuning on carbs.

25. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

Quick update, We ran the car several weeks ago in Ozark Mo(eighth mile track) ran in the 6.80s. Next stop will be the HAMB drags.

26. bobw

bobw

Wow! a 6.80 1/8 mile ET puts you in the 10's. Great performance for the little car. What's up with the SDRA cars this year?

27. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

SDRA guys are going strong, one or two races a month. They took the month of Aug off because of the heat and so far it's been cool:rolleyes::rolleyes:. Our next race is in Ardmore Ok Sept 1. then on to Tulsa at the end of Sept.

28. Rand Man

Rand Man

So I guess you aren't racing at the Tulsa Nitro Nationals today?

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

29. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Have you been satisfied with the Radir slicks?

30. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

They were not bad but still hard. Rule change now let's us run any slicks we want so we went with Hoosiers and boy do they work.

64 DODGE 440 and Crosley like this.