Register now to get rid of these ads!

History NHRA Junior Stock

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by colesy, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Chuck Norton

Chuck Norton
    from Division 7

Lyn Smith isn't through with this season yet. He finished as runner-up in Stock Eliminator at the national event at Madison, Illinois, (East St. Louis) last week! He's on a roll!!! Go, Lyn!

c

63savoy, Tom 57 150, NHRANUT and 3 others like this.
  2. Jimmy Parker

Jimmy Parker

Loved the pic of Willard's '65 big car. I was at a STK/SS race in Montgomery, Al in about '72 and surprised to see Willard there as i knew exactly who he was and where lived. He spent the night at my place that night and moved on. Last time I saw him was at Warner Robbins, Ga. He broke a right front brake drum behind the line. Never saw him again and was sad to hear of his passing after moving to Florida. Attached pic was taken at the first Gators in 1970, I was driving Sherman Adcock's Srs '67 big block car. Didn't qualify but did win the first ever points race at Gainsville in '69 in this car . upload_2023-12-15_9-25-24.jpeg Florida.

Attached Files:

Tom 57 150, Deuces, 41 coupe and 10 others like this.
  3. loudbang

loudbang

Posted by HEMIDAV in the vintage thread. Never saw this one before :)

[​IMG]

4. TD-4834

TD-4834

5. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Saw pictures of this at the Dallas Autorama a few years ago. Don’t think it was ever a real Jr. Stocker

6. f.i.57chevynut

f.i.57chevynut

I saw it at Grand National Roadster Show a few years ago when Tri Fives were featured. Has stuff on it that was not in the era. Looks to be built by Chevycraft guy, Bill Clements. The front hubs are not original Black Widow stuff, They stick out farther than original heavy duty passenger car hubs. These hubs have a smaller and longer snout from a later model pick up truck. This is what a real Black Widow hub looks like, short snout , same as standard passenger car hub, but the grease cap locks on to the outside of the hub, not inside of the bore.

7. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Screenshot_20240328_081119_Facebook.jpg Just passing this along. I'd guess Ault and James Speed Shop.

8. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

May be related but Jerry Ault is who you are thinking of.

tommyd and loudbang like this.