Register now to get rid of these ads!

NW/VR in the Southwest

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by 300racr, Sep 18, 2014.

1. bobw

bobw

Could you take a better picture of how the steering box is mounted? Also, is your whole floor made of 1/8" plate? You are going to have sooo much fun this summer.

2. Bobw,
    I'll try to get some pics this weekend.IIRC the floor is ,060 steele..

3. Old28

Old28

300racr -- Ride is looking better each day. My ride is in storage until I get this move back over to the coast done. When do you think the first burn out will take place? :eek::D

Not trying to cut in on your thread, but wanted bobw to know that I used the same VW Steering box in my ride, they are built with a strong two bolt mounting case and are real solid (no flex) when a proper mounting is fabed for it. Cheap & easy to find & rebuild.

4. here's a quick shot from tonight when I dropped off some stuff to the guys.
    [​IMG]

5. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

I notice your carb is mounted sideways. I found it hard to get them to work right like that - largely from the G-loading. Maybe in a HA/GR not so bad.

6. FTF,
    That's a carb the guys threw on there.I'll start out with an Edelbrock 500 cam carb.Plan on having the primaries closest to the Vc.

7. Crosley

Crosley
    from Aridzona

looks good. thx for pic update

8. Crosley, are you comin' to Tucson again this year for the reunion? If so let me know Thnks.

9. Here's some pics of the chassis finished and painted.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Crosley

Crosley
    from Aridzona

If I am in Tucson for the reunion , it will be as a spectator.

Your Car looks good. THe guys are doing a hellava job .

11. Crosley

Crosley
    from Aridzona

ok , Rich, where are you at with the little things on this car?

12. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Yes, how's 'bout an update?

13. Been gathering parts, will post some pics in the next week.Crunch time has arrived and March 18th is the deadline.

14. Old28

Old28

Mike & Mark have built a fine chassis for your SDRA hot rod. Looks nice with some color on it. When are you going to drop that BB 300 in the frame? Are you going to run a PG or C4 trans? You better put your building skills in full gear as March 18th is just around the corner. Wish I lived closer so I could help you. Good luck and keep the pictures coming. :) :cool:

15. Old28,
    I'm running a C-4, Hoping to get the motor in soon.The frame has some silver metalflake over the gloss black.

16. Old28

Old28

Enjoying the build, keep the pictures coming.

17. Sorry about not posting updates,Work has taken it's toll on me lately.Finaly crawling out of that hole and making some progress.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And finally a full side shot
    [​IMG]

18. bobw

bobw

Boy oh boy, that's a great looking car. A few wires, a few hoses and you'll be done.

19. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

20. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

I likeee too, Well built.

21. Daniel Clark

Daniel Clark

Is that back wheel painting or pced 300 it does look sharp!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using H.A.M.B. mobile app

22. Daniel,
    The rear wheels are painted with VHT Gold Engine paint.It was the closest to the color I was looking for. My plan is to paint the body in the same color as well as doing the front wheels. The numbers and lettering will be black with a white outline.

Daniel Clark likes this.
  23. Old28

Old28

Rich, dragster is looking sharp. You guys are doing it right. Are you doing a lot to the block or heads on that 300" Ford? I have moved back over to the beach area (Ventura, County). If you ever make a trip with the car to Bakersfield or Eagle Field let me know as I would drive up to see you run.

24. Tom,
    the block is .030 over with ARP head and main studs. The block itself, just the regular prep. When I had the engine built some 8 years ago it was going into my 82" F100. It never made it in that. It's basically a street motor with 10-1 Ross pistons, Comp Xtreme Energy 264 grind on the cam. Head has been ported and polished with 1.90/1.60 valves. The cam is .494 @ .500/ .500 @ .500 and the head flows 236 cfm @.500/185 cfm @.500 . I have learned alot over the years and the next motor if built will have more work done prep wise as well as the head.
    Tom, I may look into coming out that way after I get some seat time, either an ANRA race or Eagle Field. Would love to get a chance to hang out with the Northwest folks and you all from Cali.

Daniel Clark likes this.
  25. Old28

Old28

Sounds like a real nice dependable setup. What are you looking for in ET, Mid to low 11's?

Just got word from my old buddy Dan (old sparks) that he talked Scott from the Northwest group and they are hoping to have 5-6 car at Eagle Field for the October race. You would love the Eagle Field race with flag starts and spotter make call at the finish line. 1/8 mile unprepped runway drags just like it used to be.

26. Daniel Clark

Daniel Clark

300 this is what I ended up with for wheel color. [​IMG]

27. Daniel,
    That looks good! I like the color.
    Tom,
    with seat time and tuning hopefully mid 11's. They have flag start 1/8th mile sessions at the Tucson Dragway Reunion. Might have to give it a try this year.

28. Old28

Old28

Mid 11's sounds like a real fun ride. Keep us up on the progress, sure looks nice

29. bobw

bobw

I gotta get something lighter on the front of my rig. Those rims are super cool. Hoping for mid 11's with my 300. The engine builds are similar. When will you be hitting the starting line?

Daniel Clark likes this.
  30. Daniel Clark

Daniel Clark

Thank you, if it close to what you are wanting. It's prismatic powders. Base coat of chrome with 2 coats of shiny gold over the chrome.