Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Plan II - 62 Chevy II Drag Car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by squirrel, Dec 27, 2013.

1. squirrel

squirrel

if you thought that was bad, how about if I play with the image? imagine seeing this in real life...

pan reversed.jpg

2. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

I was playing as well. IMG_2303.jpeg

Deuces and chryslerfan55 like this.
  3. squirrel

squirrel

Darn, I missed the 10 year anniversary of the start of this thread!

but also I've been thinking about selling the car. And it looks like I'll go ahead and offer it...just need to figure out how/where, how much, etc. There's nothing wrong with it, I'm just done with it...ready for some different adventures.

car 20240211.jpg

bchctybob, Deuces, OFT and 29 others like this.
  4. Greg Rogers

Greg Rogers

Uh oh.... You're killin me......

Sharpone, 427 sleeper and SS327 like this.
  5. tomcat11

tomcat11

Well heck, this has been a great thread. I hate to see it go and it isn't even mine. You built a great car there and accomplished your mission. Well done! The next owner will certainly benefit from all of your work.

6. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

At some point, the evolution of all things, is inevitable !
    There is still a lot of life and fun left in "PLAN II"
    Who ever is fortunate enough to purchase this great car, will no doubt really enjoy it for what it is and what it can do!
    Good show @squirrel, what a great 10 year run, of hot rod adventuring in "PLAN II"
    Lot's of mile's, lot's of smile's.
    sun smile.jpg

7. Well now, didn’t see this coming. All I can say is it was real, it was fun, I think it was real fun and I enjoyed every minute of it. Sorry you have to let go.

8. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When you're done, you're done. Time to move on. So many cars, so little time.

It was a great project and you took us on some adventures in it.

9. joel

joel
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is one of my favorite threads; I waited for every new post and worth the wait. Maybe some cash for stuff for the '62?

41 coupe likes this.
  10. Squirrel, I remember seeing you in Plan ll heading south on 65 highway in Lincoln Missouri , had to have been 7 or 8 years ago. I was sitting in a gas station waiting for the son to fill up his gas thirsty Camaro. We were heading home from a car show in warsaw MO. You didn't see us. You were heading back from doing a Drag week event.

Tim, Deuces and squirrel like this.
  11. squirrel

squirrel

I think that was 2017, fun trip! I visited my friend who lived there.

12. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

Regardless of where it ends up I will always have these memories of it. 32989.jpeg 32988.jpeg

brianf31, mad mikey, Deuces and 17 others like this.
  13. I went through the same thing with my 65 awb car. When I built it I had some goals in mind. After a few years I got some new ones. A some point I had enough. I accomplished everything I could dream of and more. There was nothing left to concur. It suddenly became a little boring and repetitive. I was ready for new challenges. Only you know when it's time to let it go. I can't wait to see what comes next.

mad mikey, Just Gary, Thor1 and 11 others like this.
  14. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

All I can say is who ever buys Jim’s car will get a real nice car and I hope that whoever gets it will continue driving it and enjoying it like the guy who bought his altered wheelbase barracuda I have got to see that car run real strong the last couple years at the midway drags in ark city Kansas hope to see it again this year and if all goes well I will get to line up up next to it with my afx dodge Jim I too can’t wait to see what you dream up next

mad mikey, Thor1, TerrytheK and 6 others like this.
  15. bchctybob

bchctybob

I just reread the entire thread again (just couldn’t help myself). So cool seeing it come together and embark on so many adventures. Sometimes it’s just time to change things up.
    Your thread helped me get past a nagging decision on my own car today. I think I’m going to follow your example and build me some SquirrelTracs traction bars for my Austin. That will allow me to leave the ancient rear suspension intact and functioning but still control spring wrap. Sure beats remounting the whole rear end.
    Good luck finding a new home for Plan II.

16. squirrel

squirrel

thanks!

I have read the whole thread several times over the years...it's amazing how hard I worked on building this thing! I don't have it in my any more, I don't think.

17. Sharpone

Sharpone

You’ll surprise yourself, something will come along and strike your soul, stir up creative juices and you’ll be in the thick of it again. Good luck on your next journey!
    Dan

18. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Oh, I don’t know about that! You made quick work on the Corvette to go from roller to drag week car!

19. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jim, it´s always been a pleasure to watch your build threads and yourroad trip adventures and I´m also looking forward to your next projects and oncoming journeys. Unfortunately we don´t have any drag and drive events nor would Plan II stand a chance to pass a safety inspection and be road legal over here, so I have a lot of good excuses:D. I hope the new owner will have as much fun as you and us shutgun riders had

mad mikey, Thor1, 41 GMC K-18 and 6 others like this.
  20. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll echo what everyone else has said about the fun we've had following your builds and road trips.
    I've been where you are as well. My cars had done what I could do with 'em and finished or not it was time to try something new. I moved on to the next chapter. Nothing wrong with that; it lightens the load.
    Best of luck in all your new adventures!

Thor1, 41 GMC K-18, bchctybob and 2 others like this.
  21. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Jim, we are fortunate for you having shared your builds and roadtrips with us.
    I get asked why I've lost the "spark" of working on my (3) projects, it's more like the flame has been blown out and the spark is all that is left.
    It used to be fun, now at near 70 it's painful, much easier to wrap ones self up in other peoples' adventures.

OFT, Thor1, warbird1 and 5 others like this.
  22. Well, shucks! You have done it ALL. What more is there to prove.:D:D. Enjoy whatever you decide on.

Ben

23. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

@DDDenny,

If you're thinking of letting go of the roadster, you've got to give me some time to sell my junk and gather some funds!

24. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

NEGATORY!
    But you're welcome to my Suburban.

25. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Denny, pick out the one you REALLY want finished and concentrate on it and it only. From the pics I’ve seen, you should be able to knock one of them out in just a little while, even just working on it once or twice a week. I’m fixing to turn 65, but I still can’t work on my stuff over a few hours at a time. We ain’t getting any younger!

bchctybob, Sharpone and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  26. Maybe Jim has reached this point;

27. squirrel

squirrel

28. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Good luck Jim.
    Why do I have a Bob Seger song in my head now.

mad mikey, Deuces and Sharpone like this.
  29. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

mad mikey and Sharpone like this.
  30. Sporty45

Sporty45

OMG...no reserve! :eek:

Sharpone likes this.