Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Project 27 chop top coupe

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Piedmont, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Piedmont

Piedmont

Looking good !!!

AndersF likes this.
  2. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

Thanks for sharing this build. If at all possible try to keep the top of the grille shell a tad lower than the cowl and you won't regret it. Keep up the good work.......

Piedmont likes this.
  3. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

If you can round up a copy of RODACTION magazine July,1985 issue you can see the build on my 26 T built by Stan Vanamburg in the early 1980s. Hope to see yours one day.................

kidcampbell71 and Piedmont like this.
  4. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

PIEDMONT!!!!!! Hope you are ok and mabe to busy on the coupe to do any posting. This inquiring mind wants to know????????????????.............

39 Aaron NZ likes this.
  5. Piedmont

Piedmont

I got the vega box mounted. I also cut the floors out and am in the process of moving things around. Gained about 6 inches of leg room in the process.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  6. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

Piedmont we would like to see more of your work. If you found 6 more inches of leg room you did a good thing and hope you share that info. Hope you are ok and you are not under water at this time..................

7. Piedmont

Piedmont

Finishing up the trans and driveshaft tunnel now. I will take some pics of the progress next time i'm over at my shop.Thanks for the intrest I kinda let this thread die because there was not a lot of feedback on anything. Now that I see you guys like the project I will keep it alive

8. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

I like the project and thanks for the post. Although I have had my coup 21 yrs it has probably only been down 2 yrs altogether. I have driven it a lot but seems like there is always something to do to it. I am fortunate to have a nice garage to work in and I have enjoyed every minute of it. I live 30 miles north of Charlotte NC and we will probably cross paths one day. Now about that extra 6in of leg room you found. I looked in my car and I cant find it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brEad likes this.
  9. panthershaun

panthershaun
    from Kent UK

very cool build, love me a T coupe.... 26hotrod, do you have any pictures of your Coupe?

Piedmont likes this.
  10. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

panthershaun unfortunately I have not learned to post photos on the HAMB. That is one of my goals to do this summer. If and when I do I plan to start a thread on the coupe. Until then I will rally behind people like piedmont as they build their hotrods............

11. Piedmont

Piedmont

Here are the pics of the floor so far.You can see by moving the z back as far as the diff gained me the leg room.I set my bench seat in the other day and pushed all the way back I couldn't reach the pedals and i'm 6ft. The yolk for the diff sets in the tunnel under the seat. May be hard to see in the pics. Still have some work to do on the sides of the rear bulkhead.The trunk is done and I will be building a fuel tank soon.

Attached Files:

12. Piedmont

Piedmont

You should come down this way for Steel in Motion. A local club puts it on and it pulls some cool rides.

13. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

Wow piedmont you are doing some great work. I see where you got the extra leg room, that's a good idea. May I suggest when it comes to the windshield consider the top of it the same as the top of the door windows if possible. My leg room was limited due to the firewall being moved back 4 inches. After altering the seat this 6ft. body fits in it fairly well. Thanks for the posting and keep on keeping on.........

14. 39 Aaron NZ

39 Aaron NZ

Hi Piedmont, how did that trans cover turn out? How you getting on with the rest of the car? Sprayed any of that Driftwood Biege? Cheers Aaron.

Sent from my SM-G360G using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

15. bryanyeskie

bryanyeskie
    from Hixton

Love the t man keep posting. I'm trying to find enough pieces for a 23 t for the wife.

Keep at it

16. Piedmont

Piedmont

For you guys following and wanting to see some progress here you go. Trans tunnel built and tacked in. Fitted the body and got the radiator and grill shell in loose fit. Brake pedal coming together but still needs to be cut up and tweeked.I took the body off the frame this week for final weld ,clean up and paint and assemble.

Attached Files:

17. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

Man your progress is so choice!! Thanks for the updates. May I suggest when setting the grille shell, try setting the top of the grille shell 1/4 to 1/2 inch lower than the cowl. You won't regret it. Just my 2 cents worth. Again thanks for the updates...........

18. Piedmont

Piedmont

Im sorry :)

19. Piedmont

Piedmont

The frame is coming back from sand blast this week.Got the doors hung and going to pretty up the frame and reassemble in the coming weeks.Pics to come

20. Piedmont

Piedmont

Im 1/2 below currently

21. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Damn, sorry I missed this thread for so long, glad I found it in time to see it coming together! :cool:

Piedmont likes this.
  22. Piedmont

Piedmont

Back from blast and sealed up in epoxy.Ready for final body and paint,

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 and AndersF like this.
  23. Bugguts

Bugguts

Very cool so far. subscribed

24. Piedmont

Piedmont

Body work has begun,

Attached Files:

AndersF and bymanr like this.
  25. Piedmont

Piedmont

Floors welded in and frame prepped for paint.Had a color change so had to scuff and reshoot the motor in the morning.Going to shoot the frame and assemble in the next couple weeks.

Attached Files:

Stock Racer, AndersF and 39 Aaron NZ like this.
  26. Piedmont

Piedmont

Been a while for an update. All the bodywork and paint done on the frame.Got the brake lines bent and everything painted.I hung the rear end last night and plan on getting the front done over the long weekend.Been a little side tracked with my buddys project 50 Mack "rat rod"

Attached Files:

AndersF and 39 Aaron NZ like this.
  27. Piedmont

Piedmont

Spent some time this weekend and got the front axle in.Buttoned up the rear 4 link up tonight,Need to pack some bearings and mount the rotors and front wheels and she will be a roller for the last time.Motor and transmission going in soon!!

Attached Files:

28. chaddilac

chaddilac

Looks great! Makes me want to finish my T coupe!

Piedmont likes this.
  29. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

It sure would be nice if when you post pictures, you would select full size images for all pictures, it makes it easier for the guys following your thread to view. Thank you in advance for the consideration:)