Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ralph Ridgeway/Debs Automotive

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by rridgeway, Mar 24, 2010.

1. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

I am a little surprised that some consider his accomplishments minor. Usually this place gets all excited when someone can shed a bit of history (even if it is local) for us to read and learn about.
    Sure there are some more well known people on this site, and some that have accomplished more than Ralph has, but to say that he has brought little to this hobby/sport seems bullheaded.
    A year or so ago there was a thread going with people asking for as much information as they could get on Ralph and his intakes. Now he wants to share his story and we don't want it?

The stories of the big names are great and fairly easily found and often retold. The stories of other people who helped the sport along often get overshadowed-which is a shame.

2. you just can't please all of the people all of the time............Welcome to the H.A.M.B. !!!
    from Arkansas City, KS.

firstnomad

3. vroomsta

vroomsta

Ralph: Nice bio. Whan I was younger we ran a d/mp 55 sedan delivery with a 301 with your manifold. Ran it for about four years 1968 - 1972 at norwood, new england, lebanon, conn, oxford, englishtown, york, saint air and more. We ran close too or under nat record against alot big names, but never ran against you. What good times that was. Still have a sb & bb for shelf ornaments. I'll attach some pics when I figure out how. thanks for the memories.

4. wheelguy

wheelguy

My 2c worth...I've got a POLISHED RIDGE RUNNER on the shelf for about twenty years now, had it on an Anglia I sold and kept the intake...I don't know if it will out perform an Edelbrock but for sheer looks (not to mention really different looks)when you raise the hood and see the flat sides & ends on the Ridge Runner it is by far the one to have!!! Only reason it's not on my Willys is that I've got GM fastburn heads and nothing lines up and I'm hesitant to switch the heads to change the intake.

5. F&J

F&J

I missed this till just now.....

Nice intro with great history. Thanks for posting.

6. John Copeland

John Copeland
    Member Emeritus

I have a few pictures of the 55 that I took the summer of, probably 67 or 68 @ Napierville Dragway in Canada. I was in the AF stationed at Plattsburgh and ran an orange & black 55 Nomad, E/MP when I could afford it. Your car was awesome, without question! Your 55 and the Golden Gasser (Ford) I'll never forget.....................

7. WillyB

WillyB

Man! Glad I found this! Looking for all the info on
    early tunnel rams.

8. rascal55

rascal55

Thank you !! Very interesting information and bio !!