Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rapid Rabbit #112 Build Thread

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by 64 DODGE 440, Jun 18, 2007.

1. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Nothing new to show for now...Been busy with day to day stuff like plumbing problems and having the torsion spring on our garage door break...Gotta move the car and lots of other crap back away from the door so the guy can get in there to fix it...Have stuff to do...Maybe next week. :p

2. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Plumbing? ........ eh. :rolleyes:
    Fix the garage door spring immediately! :mad:
    You NEED to be able to get to the HAMBster. :D

3. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

The guy is currently on the way to fix the garage door! As an added bonus it has caused me to find better storage places for assorted accumulations of STUFF, so it will give more working room as well.:eek: There will be progress forthcoming!:p

4. poofus1929

poofus1929
    from So Cal

Maybe I missed it but where did you get the body and turtle deck? I am building a drag roadster and I am gonna be needing a T body eventually.

5. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Got the Bucket and Turtle Deck from Unlimited Products in Hesperia, http://www.up22.com/index.htm Reasonably priced and being on a budget I'm always looking for ways to save expenses and they were close enough that I could drive up and get it and didn't have to pay any shipping.

6. poofus1929

poofus1929
    from So Cal

Cool thanks. I'm gonna have to take a trip up the hill pretty soon and pick one up. I hate the Cajon Pass. I used to have to drive up that bastard every day for work. Glad I don't have that job anymore. :D

7. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Call them first, it's about a three week lead time as I recall.

8. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

One step forward...Two steps back. Put the bucket back on the chassis to fit some stuff and finish off the mount brackets and discovered that after I had added a couple of pieces of tube in the back corners, the existing bolt holes are inaccessible and I need to trim it a bit more to clear as well. Oh well, did get the measurements to make it fit right and got a couple of other things fitted. If it wasn't for all of this detail stuff I'd be sitting here with nothing to do. Maybe next week I'll have some pictures of forward progress.:p

9. Old28

Old28

Ya Tom, I am sure working on these cars are helping all of us get up each day and when their done we can enjoy some racing along with thinking up changes we need to make. Most race cars, both new and old are changed 100 times before we think it is right.:rolleyes:

Hope to get my car back from Danny V next weekend. He has helped me out a bunch during my recovery. Great friends.

10. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Tom I just looked through your build thread, your car is awsome , Really like the scatter shield , might have to copy the idea, did you weld it up yet, Tim Jones

11. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Not finished welding all the bits and pieces together yet. Been busy with a lot of family and fun stuff, but I got an influx of "Toy Money" and once things calm down in a week or so, I hope to have some visible progress. Closer now than we have ever been. :p

12. D_Lazaris

D_Lazaris
    from So. Cal

Thats what I like to hear!!!!

13. monc440

monc440

Tom, I was doing a search (cant even remeber what I was searching for now. LOL)and just found your thread. Great job and I have alot of respect for you by sticking with it after almost 5 years. I know what it's like to have life get in the way, in the last 20 years every project I start gets sold to handle the life stuff that gets in the way. You make any progress as of late?

14. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Actually did a little work on the car this week in between having fun with friends and spending an afternoon/evening at Disneyland/California Adventure Park with my lady. Have pictures to down load of the new pretty part. I need to make up some control pieces and have some other things coming soon.

If I can just stop running around and doing other stuff I'll make some real progress this month. Hope to get some progress pictures posted next week.

15. c322348

c322348

No time for fun, get to work Tom! :)

16. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Pichurs, dammit, NOW. :D

17. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

OK! Here are some pictures of my latest addition. A vintage Dodge Brothers hub cap turned into the fuel tank cap. Almost called it a gas tank, but I want to keep the options open. :p

Attached Files:

18. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Looks great but I thought the DB was for Doobie Brothers:p

19. greenlitebandit

greenlitebandit
    from USA

The SU are really good choice, you don't get power bog or over-carbbed etc with the constant depression type carbs. I run them on a /6. Like the looks, its like what we built when I was a kid. Reminds me a bit of what used to run at the Santa Ana [CA] airport drags when I was a kid...

20. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Nah...stands for "Dumb Bunny".

21. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

You're both wrong, for a drag racer it stands for "Decibels" (of course :rolleyes:). :D

22. Old28

Old28

So what are your options, 10% or 20%:D

First Fuel HA/FMR:eek:

23. killerbunny

killerbunny
    from serbia

hahah...+1..:)

24. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

OK, I'm wrong as well, the real skinney is that it stands for "Duck & Bunny" (he'll explain it ;)).

25. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Like that HA/FMR label. Haven't decided on percentage yet. How much does it take to make it smell good? :D

Easy explanation. I'm the duck and my crew chief/support staff is the bunny. How that came about is a long story for a "dark and stormy night" in the pits. :p

26. Sailor Mike

Sailor Mike
    from Indiana

Hello there! I wanted to bump this thread to see if you had any progress or updates on your car. It's simplicity is really inspiring, it makes me want to put my tubing bender to good use!!!

27. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

No major progress, but things in the works soon. Drag out that bender and go for it.
    Join the fun, build one.:D

28. edweird

edweird

are you trying to make it look like the winged express, i hope so cause it does, great build! cant wait to see it in paint.

29. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

I have always loved Altereds and Modified Roadsters. Doing my best to keep the memories alive. :D