Register now to get rid of these ads!

"Run What Ya Brung 08" South Georgia

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Redsled, Apr 5, 2008.

1. vegaracechic24

vegaracechic24
    from Winder,Ga

The cam has arrived according to Fedex!!!!! I will be bustin ass donw 316 to get home.

Ummmmmm ol' rot gut!!!! Makes my toes tingle! :eek:

Ya'll want me to bring the boiled p-nuts? :D

2. Just got email from the track:

FRIDAY - Street Legal Drags, sponsored by AAA. Gates open at 6 PM with runs from 7-11 PM. Admission is $20 for car and driver or $10 for spectator. Remember drivers, long pants and shirt with sleeves are required. We will be awarding a trophy for the "Quick Pass". As John Force said, "The street is meant for driving to work or home or school. It's not meant for racing

Saturday: Lots going on Saturday. It's the third race in the CSR Super Street Series (10.90 index); Open Comp race; 4th Annual "Run What Ya Brung Southeastern Weekender" (Nostalgia Quarter Mile Drag Racing and Car Show); and Test & Tune. Guaranteed purses in Super Street and Open Comp eliminations. Gates open at 1 PM. Car Show is from 1-6 PM. Nostalgia Racing begins at 3 PM and is open to all pre-1972 cars and motorcycles. Super Street and Open Comp eliminations begin at 5 PM. Test & Tune starts at 2 PM. Entry fees for Super Street or Open Comp is $50; Test and Tune or Nostalgia Race is $25; Spectator admission is $10. See website for Nostalgia Race flyer and for more information on the Super Street and Open Comp races. See you at The Dollar where you will always find EXCITEMENT. . . . . . a quarter mile at a time

www.silverdollarraceway.com

3. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

We where there! stopped by Commerce to see my buddies Outlaw car (the red trans am), 630 inches with TWINS! Unfortunately they had gremlins in the tranny but still managed a 4.65 to qualify. Only to go out first round sunday. bummer

4. BTTT - How far did Ed get with the cam installation last night??

5. By all means bring Boiled food from Heaven P-NUTS!!

Where do you guys get your race gas?

6. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

BTTT

CHUCK SAID!

If any of you Northside HAMBER types are going to convoy to Reynolds,and would like a place to pit stop,piss,etc...
    You are more than welcome to stop by my humble abode.

I will fix you poor,tired,huddled masses yearning to go drag racing......a sausage biscuit,coffee,juice etc....

Would love to see you clowns en route,since I can't make it down.

The offer stands,should not be too big of a detour,as I am about 5 miles off the interstate.

Sound off,as I need a head count,please dammit!

7. Chuck MAN!! I will stop by for your gracious offer - you the man.

Nice work on the number plate. Thanks MAN.

8. Not this year. Have fun boys and girls. :D

9. Big Pauly

Big Pauly

Hey Josh, what time you heading down?

10. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

I'll be there

11. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

Holy shit Pauly is gonna show up for something. Dang it's about time!!!

Just kiddin. Lookingforward to seein the truck run.

12. I am going to try to leave my house around 9 - Where you want to meet up?

I can drag ya to Chuck's house!

Any other Road Devils going?

13. Big Pauly

Big Pauly

I'll give ya a call to decide on a meet up place. Robby may be coming with me, but his house got hit with trees last night, so that may keep him from making it. everyone else is working or out of town.

14. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Well, apparently there isn't a communal grill as I had been told previously, although Dog Patch offered the use of his small one, thx D.P.So I'm loading up the truck with a 22" Weber as I have approx 10# of "country style ribs" to cook. Should be a few to share, even with my son and hs wife & daughter coming. I'm gonna request of them to bring some trimmings to go with the meat.
    Now will somebody at least tell me what time the cooking will start? Cause those ribs are frozen now and I need to time the thawing to coincide with the cooking time. So, when do we eat? Is this gonna be cooking before, after, or during the drags and show?
    Somebody help me out a bit here, this will be my first time down there for this deal!
    I'm bringing a 20# bag of charcoal, and anybody else who wants to cook on my grill is welcome as long as the charcoal lasts, BTW.
    Dave

15. angie1313

angie1313

Don't forget to take alot of pics for the rest of us on the forum! :D

16. Looks like Ill be there in the Gal.....How many are bringin for the swap meet????

17. From the track info :
    Gates open at 1 PM. Car Show is from 1-6 PM. Nostalgia Racing begins at 3 PM and is open to all pre-1972 cars and motorcycles. Super Street and Open Comp eliminations begin at 5 PM. Test & Tune starts at 2 PM.

I'm thinking its all about cars when I get unloaded. Then - sounds like 'real' drag cars at 5pm. So just for me - food is after 5pm. If I eat before racing, it'll slow my reaction time. Tudor knows what he is up against ....

18. Really there is no plan or show time - Test and Tune starts at 2 and everybody just hangs out and makes passes after they go through tech. Jimmy will speak when he feels everything good that is going to occur has occured is how it has happened in the past.

They will keep the lanes moving pretty much continously, it will just depend on how bad you want to beat on your car. I made 15 passes in a half hour last year. Then you go eat ifn' ya get hongry!

Ribs at 5 !!!! Look forward to meeting you.

Later - Josh

19. old kid

old kid
    Member Emeritus
    from middle ga

it's all pretty much freestyle as far as the racing, eating, and other activities go. i'll be eating after you guys finish cooking. don't worry about the details, just come and have a good time.
    dan

20. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Just talked to Jimmy on the phone, he is bringing a large charcoal grill for the use of all of us.
    So that changes things for me, I don't need the truck, no grill to bring, just charcoal. So I'm coming in the MKVIII as even premium gas is lots cheaper than diesel (ain't that a bitch!).
    So when you see a tall, gray bearded old fart in a dark blue MKVIII, that'll be me! Suppose I'll head to the shady spot if that's where the big grill will be.
    Dave

21. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

I got the car back together this afternoon and made one pass down the road, everything seems to be alright.
    I'll be pulling in around 10-11, hopefully the track will be open by then.
    Looks like my dad will be riding shotgun.
    See all of you there, Robert

22. Chuck - Plans are to group at yer house - It'll be me and bread54 in my car with Big Pauly and Robby in tow. I would plan on 10 maybe more - ! I'll bring my own biscuit! See you manyana

23. Woohoo! Got my 3.55 gears and Lock Right in. The rear was pretty hot after the first 2 break in drives. I was a little worried, but this morning after driving it to work, the rear is only slightly warm, not "damn that's hot!" warm. Looking forward to meeting everyone and especially the Taste and Tune !

24. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Sounds good,I replied to the P M from Brett and provided an address,and requested he forward to all.

See you goobers tomorrow.

And you too,Amber

25. Any guesses who's going to have the fastest time????

Josh or Tony?????

26. I don't know - he only put in 3.55 gears. I've got 3.73. That alone should make me faster. :)

his 2000 lb weight advantage won't have anything to do with it. Then what if he puts Dave's secret weapon in as driver? I won't have a chance.

27. Dont forget about Russ....this should be good.

28. Russ is in the Mullet car class - no the hot rod class :)

29. Go here and enter your best guess - Josh has 350 at the wheels I bet, and 3500 lbs. .... 12.55

I think my 32 is 2000 lbs and 220 at the wheels ..... 12.1

Russ - 4000 lbs 425 at the wheels .... 12.2

See how I skewed the numbers in my favor :cool:

http://www.tunercalcs.com/

30. man i had planned on comin over but the ol woman went into labor this morning , i could come over anyway but she might be a little pissed if i did..
    yall have a great one..