Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Shangri La

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by jackalope, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Carl,
    Yes, I know what you mean, that combo could be changed. BUT (You're right 'there's always a 'but' "), let me fill in a little bit of Info about the "Shangri La"/SEMA situation.

A friend of mine, who knows Rick very well and had a car at the show himself, said that when he came by to talk to Rick and saw the display booth, and where it was located, he was truly shocked. He told me that the area that had been assigned to Coker was not good at all.

Rick was also upset about that, but had agreed to be in that display as Coker was one of the car's sponsors. You'll also notice that this beautiful, multi-dollar car has no protective stanchions surrounding it...that's why the gentleman in the photo can walk right up to the car and touch it if he wants. Or, any kids walking-by with a soda could be looking at the interior and spill some inside; any adult - looking to closely - could scrape the paint with a belt buckle, or, drip some mustard from a hot dog on it.

So, all-in-all, that's a bit of the "back story" to that photo and the reality of what went on. I think Rick was doing the best he could under those circumstances...and I pray that "Shangri La", whether you like the car or not, didn't sustain any damage or problems at the show. It deserved better.

Jonnie
    www.legends.thewwbc.net

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  2. jackalope

jackalope

I was wondering why it didn't have some sort of barricade! I was nervous getting within a few feet

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. My Hot Rod TV

My Hot Rod TV
    from Las Vegas

4. That was the wheel vintique booth not Coker. And that's bare aluminum not paint . Kids aren't suppose to be at sema show . Just sayin .