Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sydney 2016 Track Championships

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by spanners, Nov 20, 2016.

1. spanners

spanners

G'day all. This is pretty much the last event for the year over here. What with Christmas coming up and stinking hot weather on the horizon, nothing much happens for a few months. The last round of the championship series was run on Saturday 19th November. I wasn't in the running for a place but I thought I'd at least turn up to support the bracket. Round 6 was a wash out in October so it was good to get in a sunny day.
    There were 5 of us with Ezio leading the championship for most of the year, Jeff and Gerard equal 2nd. The pressure was on. By the end of the day Jeff had 3 wins so was automatically in the final. Ezio and me had 1 win each and 1 loss each. Gerard had 1 win and Steve had a win and a bye run. This is the result of me (14.55 dial) and Ezio (16.21).

Oops.
    A previous run against Steve (13.92 dial). Oops

More tomorrow. Gotta keep you hangin'.

2. bobw

bobw

Nice to see some videos from a warm, sunny place. Thanks for covering your whole season. It's been fun watching.

3. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Nice.
    OK ...... hangin'. ;)

4. spanners

spanners

Luckily we run a Chicago shootout formula so it's not a case of 'you lose, back on the trailer' like most of the other brackets. This is my run (14.60) against Gerard (13.80). Gerard broke out by heaps giving me the win.

This next video has nothing to do with our bracket but I thought I'd throw it in for entertainment value. The racer nearest the camera is a good bloke who is one of the Tamworth Drag Racing Club who organizes the Gunnedah Drags.

That's all for now...........just kidding.
    This is the final between Ezio and Jeff. I know some don't like DYO racing but it gives the racer with the slower car a chance to shine.

5. spanners

spanners

Well, that's all folks. It's been a big year for me especially what with doing the Queensland rounds plus a couple of regional meetings that I didn't do a race report on. I don't know if it's something to brag about but I've done 5 race meetings and only opened the toolbox to lend tools to other competitors. 'Cuttin' Loose' will be getting a freshen up during the off season.
    Thanks for putting up with the race reports and videos (I hope I don't sound like a big-headed wanker because I try not to be). A special thanks goes to the Crew Chief/ Wife who puts up with my absolute love of doing drag racing and climbs the 45 steps to the grandstand at Sydney (yes, she counted them) to film the races for your enjoyment.
    Hooroo from us and see you 'round like a rissole. (Aussie slang for goodbye and see you later)

6. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

What engine is Ezio running in that car?

7. spanners

spanners

DSC00851.JPG G'day Tom. It's a 170 cu.in. Ford 6, stock standard that he has been running for 8 years untouched.

8. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

G'day Spanners. That's the spirit this whole group of cars is about. Something you can have fun with and not have to repair all of the time. Looks like he has a nice hauler too.