Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Stan Back

Stan Back
    from California

One tinted window looks kinda like a black eye.

2. 2.jpg

3. snoc653

snoc653
    from Iowa

This is exactly what I was after. That look will work perfectly for what I'm after. Thank you!

BTW front window tint around here will get you pulled over. I can put a little tint on the front and the darker tint on the rear glass sides and back.

4. mario711

mario711

5. phat rat

phat rat

With the side glass being flat you could go with glass that is already tinted. That way it's in the glass not a covering/film that's added. I did that with my cpe and have never had a problem and I've been all over the U.S. My windshield, back glass and side glass all match

6. snoc653

snoc653
    from Iowa

One of my welcome to Iowa greetings was getting stopped in my OT car with tinted glass and Texas plates. Stopped 3 times in 2 months before I removed the light tint that was on the driver and passenger front doors. Maybe they have mellowed since then, but I don't want to give them an excuse to start fishing for violations.

7. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

Unless you are a certified car service licensed by the state, no windows in front can be tinted, especially the doors. Side windows are allowed all colors of tints, the rear can be tinted, but for your own vision, why?

My son was given the riot act for his little sedan as he had all of the windows, a mild tint, except for the front. The local shop is well known and complies with the CHP/DMV rules. But, his friends were getting the windows tinted and he wanted to have the same type. So after several years of driving around with his driver's window and passenger door windows tinted, he finally got a ticket. But, it was his earned money and he was going to pay for the ticket or fixit if stopped. (I drove the car and the vision was awful... too dark to see any surroundings)

It was late at night on a empty freeway off ramp going back to his college apartment in Santa Barbara. The CHP pulled him over after he got off of the freeway. The reasoning was the vehicle code. So, when he came home for a weekend visit, we took it over to the installing company and had them take off the dark tint on the driver's/passenger's window. Yes, the owner showed us the vehicle code and now, his car was legal.

Jnaki

States vary and the tint company said if we were limousine drivers in this car in So Cal, we could tint all windows. He told us that his friends with a similar business in Arizona were allowed to tint all windows due to the extreme heat in the dry desert environment. Privacy is the reason for very dark tint. But for clear vision we require, dark tends to lessen the all around good vision for pedestrians, bikes, and other cars in the standard blind spots all cars have. YRMV

Last edited: Mar 13, 2024
    Ned Ludd, lurker mick and themoose like this.
  8. Unclebrad

Unclebrad

Got bored waiting for something new so... more flames!

2b.jpg

dana barlow, themoose and snoc653 like this.
  9. snoc653

snoc653
    from Iowa

That looks sweet. Simply stated flames work on a hot rod. Just enough to make a statement but not over the top where it looks like a garage queen. I'm think I even remember how to paint simple fade flames. This picture is going to just make me think about it until I do it. But paint isn't until next winter.

Unclebrad likes this.
  10. Gambler 1962

Gambler 1962

Always wondered what it would look like lowered with blacked out rims and spider caps 20240224_173700.jpg

11. 1.jpg

Gambler 1962 and Unclebrad like this.
  12. Gambler 1962

Gambler 1962

themoose likes this.
  13. southerncad

southerncad

That looks good, now all it needs is a serious altitude adjustment!

14. Movinman

Movinman

Ok guys, I’ve been bringing this back from the dead for the past couple of years, and I’m starting to think about paint. The interior is pink and white, so I’m staying in that realm. I was thinking maybe white with pink seaweed flames across the entire car, or maybe some scallops? I’m open to your ideas and I’m including several photos from different angles. The last photo was taken back in the 1970’s. Thanks!
    IMG_1087.jpeg IMG_1089.jpeg IMG_0239.jpeg A3F9EDEC-6BB3-46C2-916E-1AF3AE238141-5641-000007C9CC5C9A6C.jpeg IMG_1086.jpeg IMG_1085.jpeg

Squablow likes this.
  15. Movinman

Movinman

Thanks, Moose. Much better than the 1980’s pink that’s on the car now. I have to stare at it for a while and digest the pink flames.

16. Sancho, Ned Ludd, mario711 and 6 others like this.
  17. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

@Movinman
    Here's another way to go. My inclination is to simplify and unify the style. Solid black works with the existing pink and white. If it were my car, I'd think about losing the bubble skirts to show off the wide whitewalls and chrome wheel covers.

zz Pink Black 01 Final.jpg

Sancho, Ned Ludd, Movinman and 4 others like this.
  18. Squablow

Squablow

Pink and black are a very period appropriate 50's color combination, I think Rot 'n Kustom is on the right track there. I'd really like to see the car painted all black, with the white top and pink interior. Maybe leaving the long white insert area above the quarter panel blister that extends back to the tail light.

I'd take a whack at it myself but I'm not very good at color changes in Photoshop. I like this car, and I think there's a really great custom lurking here, with the current paint really holding it back.

Sancho and Rot 'n Kustom like this.
  19. OK a few more to digest...

all black.jpg White insert.jpg 3.jpg

20. snoc653

snoc653
    from Iowa

I like the scallops on both the white car and the black car. To me the scallops seem to say custom look at me. The white is a lot more forgiving than the black and makes the car seem more lively. But that is where owner preference comes in. .

pcbart and Movinman like this.
  21. Squablow

Squablow

This is the one for me, for sure. The current pink and white look kinda clown-car to me, where as I think this looks really good, and works with a pink interior in my opinion. I'd probably put some Mercury teeth on the quarter panels too to highlight the quarter vents.

While I appreciate the photoshop work of it with scallops and flames and whatnot, I don't personally like any of those, they all feel very cheesy-80's-revival-of-the-50's. The simple black and white two tone looks "the business" to my eye.

Movinman and themoose like this.
  22. Movinman

Movinman

Thank you, Moose. Quite a bit to take in. I’ve been knocking the 80’s cheese off the car slowly. I’ve swapped out the front bumper for a 54. You had given me some ideas on that about a year ago too. I appreciate you helping me visualize where I can go with this.

Squablow likes this.
  23. 2FORCEFULL

2FORCEFULL

probley that, 16's front and back??

24. phat rat

phat rat

All black or black with the white insert. It's a custom don't lose the bubble skirts!

25. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

@Movinman
    One last shot: Removed the bubble skirts for a cleaner look.
    ZZZ Pink Blaxk Open Final.jpg

Squablow, Sancho, Ned Ludd and 4 others like this.
  26. received_389092570577063.jpeg Anyone willing to do a vintage street/drag car out of this 36 sedan make the top match open up the rear wheelwhells whitewall cheater slicks on black rims nose up a little no front bumper and front runners with gray torque thrust wheels on the front...maybe even add some vintage lettering ? "Hauling Hunchback?"..lol I know this is a tall order but you guys are good ...We are thinking about making the 36 our Wisconsin Rod&Custom association sponsored promotional drag car ...thanks in advance

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2024