Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The Southern Employment Special, Insanity101

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by porknbeaner, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

With the motor further back he's going to get better weight transfer. That's not going to be home to a 305 out of a smogger pickup.

Also with the current placement his front/back weight distribution should make for decent handling.

These of course are just perks to the main reason he put it that far back. Which is of course because he wanted to. ;)

Funny thing is with the finished plan for the car the set back motor isn't even the stand out feature

Model T1 likes this.
  2. Beaner, what transmission are you planning? Inquiring minds want to know.

3. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

4. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

image.jpeg Spy photos from Beaners back yard traditional emporium and shop.

More photos later when I can feel my toes lol

loudbang and kiwijeff like this.
  5. Don't screw around Beaner! Drop in that B&M hydro that you have! :D

6. Model T1

Model T1

I see he's welding new seat pleats.

7. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

Either Beaner has auto darkening eyeglasses or he's so good he can weld with them shut!

loudbang likes this.
  8. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Haha, he's got his eyes shut... Well I'd hope so I took the photo over my shoulder lol.

I'll let him post what we were up to

9. If I throw the Hydro in I'll have to bolt it to the Olds in that it mates too, which is optional. :eek:

The 400 I have had for a long time, I pulled it from a real D/G coupe. it works good and is tough as nails. ;)

OK so a quick rundown on todays debauchery.

Tim came over to help me cut the tank out of my cowl top and mark centers so that @TERPU would have something to work with when he cranks up the louver punch. *We are shooting for having the pieces ready for a trip in someone's trunk when they are headed for the GNRS this month.

So I drug the hood top out of the rafters. For some reason I thought that it was a good hinged top. Alas I was mistaken. LOL someone had removed the hood pin and managed to trash the hinge rolls in the process. But the side aside from needing a little tweaking the hood tops are good and solid.

[​IMG]

(Note ask @Ryan about the proper method for removing a hood pin)

So the hinge being trashed it was time to back up and regroup. When the hood is in place it has a large gap between the sides, actually even when the hinge is in good shape the original hood had some pretty good gaps or most of them do. We needed to come up with a filler of some sort which just happened to be a length of 3/8 fuel line which magically appeared from a 25 foot roll hanging on the wall.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So we started tacking things up. We finally ended up with this one piece hood. I have to do the finish welding still probably today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It will still need a tweak or two and there is a major downside, to all this. One is that yes I have a one piece hood, but unlike those really cool aftermarket ones it will have a rib running down the center where the hinge should be. :rolleyes: And the other is that we still have to mark centers and cut the tank out of my cowl top.

Another day I suppose. ;)

*there is still time to step up and say, "Hell beaner I'll haul your junk to Terpu for ya."

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  10. Still not seeing an issue here! ;)
    Just ribbing ya, keep up the good work.

11. There actually has been discussion of making up a second set mounts for the Old/hydro combo. With a little trailer to haul some gas it would certainly make the trip to MOKAN well enough. It would be a hoot to bend the rules a little bit on the YayHoo competition once a year and run the Olds in my streetable altered. ;)

Speedy Canuck likes this.
  12. What happened to the pics?

loudbang likes this.
  13. They are loading fine for me, try refreshing your browser. I had that happen on a couple of threads for me today.

14. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

I've check three times and no pics for me yet, either.

I think that photo of you welding gave me flash burn, lol

loudbang likes this.
  15. No pictures here either....

16. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

image.jpeg Site is still crawling for me. Can y'all see this one?

Model T1 likes this.
  17. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

18. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

This one I can see.

Good to see Beaner keeps his BFH next to the propane tank. :)

loudbang likes this.
  19. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

20. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

21. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Tadda ;)

loudbang likes this.
  22. pumpman

pumpman

It did happen, me likeee!

23. So you can see 'em when Tim posts 'em. OK I am officially mad at the mods now. :rolleyes:

So looks like Tim left this one out maybe you can see it if the mods allow me to post pics. Whatever I did I'm sorry. :D

[​IMG]

Model T1 and loudbang like this.
  24. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I can see that! Must have been a glitch

loudbang likes this.
  25. pumpman

pumpman

The HAMB is going to have some vibrations before the boss gets it balanced. Beaner, the mods love ya man!

26. I know but what's life if you can't bitch at/about your friends. LOL

Well I am out of gas so no more sparks for a day or two but I am getting closer, closer is good right?

27. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

image.jpeg Went by to see how far he got putting the halves together this morning and wanted to measure a few things in relation to the front fenders for my own project.

Threw one on quick and noticed that you can hardly see the engine sitting in it already! should be an even better illusion once some "other" stuff is done.

Model T1 likes this.
  28. That angle makes the hood look odd doesn't it, almost like its bent in the middle. :eek:

29. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I think it's the grill leaning forward just a bit

Burkedore likes this.