Register now to get rid of these ads!

Using Photo Albums

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Ryan, May 12, 2014.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Photo albums have been completely remodeled on the H.A.M.B.. As a result, they are easier to use and far more dynamic. I thought it might be nice to do a quick tutorial on how to upload media into an album. First, roll your mouse over the user icon on the top right hand side of the screen and click on "Your Albums."

albums.jpg

Next, click the button at the top of the page labeled, "Add Media."

From here, you face a choice. You can add the media (photo or video) into a current album or you can create a new album.

Once you do that, you then have two more options:

1. Uploading photos. Just click the "Add Media" button and follow the onscreen prompts.

2. Select the "Embed a video" tab. This gives you a field. In this field, you can copy the link to a youtube, vimeo, etc... video and once you press the "+" button, that video will be part of your album. Cool, right?

But what about finding other people's albums and photos? Super easy. Again go to the top of the page to the main nag bar and hover your mouse over the icon with three people. Click on the "User Albums."
    useralbums.jpg
    That will take you to a page that allows you to:

1. View the most recent albums and photos/videos
    2. View the most commented on albums and photos/videos
    3. View the highest rated albums and photos/videos
    etc...

Anyway, that's the basics... Cruise around albums a while and you will get the hang of it.

Snicklefritz65 and Stogy like this.
  2. I was playing around in my albums yesterday (right after v7.0 launched for the first time) and stumbled upon the embedded video feature ... Way C:cool::cool:L! ... Thanks for this new feature! ... but I must admit it wasn't very intuitive which URL it required (e.g., http:// www.youtube.com/watch?v={video ID here} or http://youtu.be/{video ID here} or http://www.youtube.com/embed/{video ID here}) ... though eventually one of them did finally take.

I also noticed that the "Album Description" field in all of my albums were truncated during the upgrade :( ... It appears this field is now limited to 200 characters (including spaces) ... I'm hoping their is a way to retrieve the lost text ... ???

3. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Honestly, I don't know yet. The user galleries are made up of some very fresh code that was only tested for a bout two weeks. I'm expecting to work a bunch more on them.

4. 42merc

42merc

5. Hey Ryan...Congrats on the rebuild...looks smarter than a new Westergard.... Tried to change my album cover pics however the popup box is not working and cannot be scrolled down...cheers

6. corndog

corndog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Indiana

My profile says I have 15 albums, but I can only see 9. How do I access all my albums?

7. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

@corndog just press the next button on the bottom of the screen. The other albums are on page 2.

8. corndog

corndog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Indiana

Ryan, I tried that and cannot find a "next" at the bottom of the page when viewing the 9 albums that come up. If I open one of the 9 albums I get a next button if that album has more than one page. But I have no such button when the initial 9 albums open.

9. Same as corndog here, Ryan. no "next" button on main album page. I am unable to see some of my albums even though they do still exist.

10. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

We are working on this one now... Probably ready by next week.

11. morac41

morac41

Hi Ryan There is no page 2 in the albums page but in the my meadia page will bring up the album I was last adding too before the new V7 rolled out.....and lets me scroll through the pages of that last album I was useing to post my build for my followers..hope it can be sorted out regards Doug

12. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Known bug. We are working on it. Sorry man.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

13. Muttley

Muttley

14. corndog

corndog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Indiana

Ryan, all 15 of my albums now show up...thanks! But I cannot find the secret to adding new pictures to albums...

15. To add media to your galleries, go to your main gallery page and find the "Add Media" button;
    Add Media.jpg

You'll be taken to this screen;
    Add Media2.jpg

Using the drop down box, select the album you wish to add media (or create a new album);
    Add Media3.jpg

Now you'll see the upload options for adding media to the selected album;
    Add Media4.jpg

If you wish to upload from your computer, select "Add Media";
    Add Media5.jpg

Alternatively, you can add media from another site (Flickr, Photobucket, etc.) by pasting the URL of the image in the appropriate field and clicking the + button;
    Add Media8.jpg

Choose the file from your machine (or paste URL of an online image) and you'll get a preview in the bottom of the window; from here you can add a caption or edit the title of your photo/video. Make sure to hit the "save media" button (circled below).
    Add Media6.jpg

Your media has now been saved and should appear in your album as shown;
    Add Media7.jpg

16. carmuts

carmuts

I like the new feature of being able to re-arrange the albums, but is there a quicker way to move them than leapfrogging them over 2 pic's at a time. Took what felt like forever to move 6 new pic's from the front to near the middle of an album. Am I missing a shortcut somewhere?? Thanks Rod

17. morac41

morac41

Hi .. What has happened to the introduction at the start of each album...I usually have a commentary of what I have done and whats happening...this has been chopped off at about 30 words..also how do I rearrange the albums order....Thanks Doug

18. NealinCA

NealinCA

19. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

20. NealinCA

NealinCA

OK, cool. Glad it's not something I was doing wrong...

21. The Change Album Thumbnail still isn't working...or am I doing it wrong?

22. The album cover photos changed by themselves since the upgrade. I can't figure out how to pick the photo I want to use for the album cover shot. Do I check or uncheck the thumbnail box or what. I see more than one thumbnail is checked already confusing me.

23. how do I send pictures to someone on the H.A.M. B. ? thanks, nick.

24. Fixed now

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

25. How can I delete pictures from my album ? I accidentally posted some pictures twice.

26. Never mind. I figured it out.

27. 37willysgasser

37willysgasser

how can i change the order of my albums?

28. 32 hudson

32 hudson

How do I create a public album ? When I try to upload a picture file from my computer there is an error message file is empty.

29. 32 hudson

32 hudson

I figured out how to create a new public album. When I try to upload a picture file from my external hard drive an error message says file is empty. so how do I fix this problem ?

30. How can I move a photo within a album to be the lead photo? HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.