Register now to get rid of these ads!

Featured Features Whats the latest re The Rodders Journal?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by andydodge, Apr 16, 2024.

1. I have every issue to & including # 85...........I do not want to start a flame war, but does anyone know what the latest is, ie, I've seen a post on a model car forum that # 86 is about to be published.........can anyone confirm this, please..........thank you, Andy Douglas

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. kabinenroller

kabinenroller

I just received an email from RJ an hour ago.
    IMG_0712.jpeg

3. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Within the last 10 minutes Steve put out a very comprehensive e-mail explaining what's happening. 86 is being mailed with 87 in the wings. He's manning up with a display this weekend at the Roundup

4. Yippee!!..........some good news.......does anyone have a contact phone number, not a 1 800 number as they are only used in North America....I'm in Australia & want to ring & order it direct...........thanks.....andyd

5. hotcoupe

hotcoupe

Thanx for the good news!
    Tom

6. Krylon32........any chance you could forward that email to me at [email protected] .......thanks.....andyd

7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

SPECIAL EVENT: DEADEND MAGAZINE'S 20TH ANNIVERSARY & THE RODDERS JOURNAL RELEASE PARTY 20240416_192456.jpg

Cooon and Outback like this.
  8. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

How about for non-subscribers? Will any be distributed to bookstores, or will we be able to order them online?

The37Kid likes this.
  9. Bugguts

Bugguts

Just got my email telling me my mag is on the way.

Part Timer and Just Gary like this.
  10. squirrel

squirrel

11. got the email today also... doing three covers from what the email said..

12. So has any thought been given to non subscribers?............ie, can I purchase a copy via card over the phone?......what is their phone number?..........andyd

13. 5window

5window

There's been nothing concrete about non-subscribers for probably a couple of years

Last edited: Apr 17, 2024
    Outback likes this.
  14. nosnhojguy

nosnhojguy

I was a subscriber for years and received the last issue. I don't have a clue when my subscription expires but would gladly renew if I knew I needed to. It doesn't seem to me in this day and age that it would be that hard to send out subscription notice.

mgermca, 34 5W Paul and RAK like this.
  15. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

384115329_303233355663233_3954034343170319804_n.jpg It Is On And And I Fully Support Steve And His Crew...Happy Days...

16. SilverJimmy

SilverJimmy

3DF61D85-31D1-4380-8DB2-A93A7C433607.jpeg
    Thank God I’m still alive!!! Looking forward to the very best in print!

17. While us poor saps that just bought it regularly & even stepped up to the plate & bought various special books & publications they issued get the short end of the stick........surely they have a phone number other than a 1800 number......anyone?.........please?.......andyd

18. RAK

RAK

Looks like your best bet is their website: [email protected] cause they only list the 800# Good luck...

19. Illustrious Hector

Illustrious Hector

Error 400, won't load. Hmmm?

20. They will be at the Roundup this weekend. I thought the release party would be for issue 86? It says 87 on the flyer.

IMG_4168.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 18, 2024
    pprather, Outback and lothiandon1940 like this.
  21. My impression is that TRJ isn’t taking on any new subscribers until after they are at 100% with the current ones. They probably won’t have a number to call until then.

22. ...Here we go again. The guy has just managed to essentially dig himself out of a publishing grave and now the naysayers are ready to pounce once again. Nobody knows what the future holds for TRJ, not you, not me, not even Steve himself. Give the guy a little credit for the incredible effort he has made so far.

23. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

If you can't say something positive about Steve and the Rodder's Journal, keep your dam mouth shut. Just remember he could have said fuck it and walked away. He's making an honest effort which is more than the big publishers did.

24. 52lomofo

52lomofo

Just hoping at some point can buy again book store here in Canada

25. saltracer219

saltracer219

This kind of bullshit us totally uncalled for!

26. voxnut

voxnut
    from sacramento

Give me an effin' break - are you that wrapped up in yourself that you haven't been paying attention to the challenges Steve has been facing? It has been a herculean task to just get the thing back up on its feet. You first reward the people who fronted you money to produce the magazine - that's the subscribers. That ain't the newsstand buyers.

Dealing with a publication distributor is an entirely different job, and a more than full time one. If you've read any of what's been going on it should be clear that it has been a huge undertaking to just get them printed and make good with the current subscribers. Where are all these extra hours coming from just so you can go over to Barnes & Noble?

Not to mention, when you deal with distributors it makes the print run a lot bigger to satisfy their orders, (more money upfront) and then you have to eat the returns on unsold copies and it could be months out before the tally of sold vs. unsold is settled and you finally get paid your wholesale price on the issues that sold. For PR and hopefully turning bookstore buyers into subscribers it can be beneficial, but from a business standpoint, it doesn't make a ton of sense for a small publisher to deal with a big distributor.

If you are super big on loyalty, perhaps you should just stump up and get a subscription when they are available again?

27. RAK

RAK

28. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Voxnut made a very important and valid point in post 28 = dealing with the distributors. On top of that dealing with the individuals who work for those distributors who seem to decide what store gets what magazines by spinning a wheel on the wall. Then car magazines in general have a real battle for space on the magazine rack.

I've got a lifetime subscription if it is still on the books and my issue usually showed up a week after the guys who got theirs first had already stuck theirs in the put away for posterity box.

lothiandon1940 and 5window like this.
  29. 5window

5window

Loyalty, huh? Did you buy every single issue off the newsstand? Loyalty is being a subscriber even if you weren't sure you'd ever see another issue. No one has said there won't be single issues available again , no one said anything about ignoring Canadians. Buying a couple of issues doesn't display loyalty and it is a two way street. Why do you expect "loyalty" in return? I believe you are on the wrong thread.