Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wheeling, WV ?!?!?!? Need Help!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by YAPP, Dec 5, 2011.

1. YAPP

YAPP

Anybody live near Wheeling, WV that is willing to stop by the Greyhound station and kick someone in the ass?

I shipped a whole 30/31 Tudor roof on the hound on 11/19. It's MIA and the main problem is that the end destination station (ha ha that rhymes) is never open or willing to answer their phones.

Greyhound out here in SoCal says that the small stations don't have computers and do this stuff all the time when it comes to packages.

If someone, in their spare time, could go knock on the damn door and put a set of eyes in there I would appreciate it. It's a big 53x30(ish)x14 cardboard box, reinforced with black gorilla tape, and then shrink wrapped. It's big and heavy at 68lbs so it's hard to miss and its impossible for it to fall off a bus or get carried away by accident.

There's just some laziness involved here somewhere and I would like to eliminate Wheeling, WV.

I sold these parts at a loss and Greyhound wouldn't insure them for anymore than $300 total so I'm screwed big time if I have to refund the buyers purchase price.

Any help would be appreciated and the favor returned if needed.

Thanks,
    Terry

PS I already put a tracer on the package but have not heard back.

2. the other me

the other me

This is wht NOT to use greydog for shipping anything. I've been involved with 65 chevy impala quarter sent via gh that went MIA, a door for a 62 impala sent gh went MIA, hood and deck lid for 55 chevy sent gh went MIA. That was more than enough for me to decide to never us gh again. They do not have, or do not use them if they have them, any true way to track the parcels.

All my items had been sent from Texas and Arizona, and not one of them over made it to my local gh hub. The only sighting recorded of any of the parts was the impala door was suposably dropped at the gh hub in G.R. Michigan....about 160 miles northwest of me!!! by the time I arrived there to pick them up they were nowhere to be found. Either someone else claimed it, or they were put back on a bus and shipped someplace else. I've know some guys to have luck using the bog ol greydog to ship stuff, but I'm all done with that. They cost me and several decent guys a lot of money.... Good luck.

3. I need a hood shipped from Virginia and I want to use Gayhound but now I am scared.
    hope you can get your stuff back

4. Wheeling is 3 1/2 hours from my house or I would be happy to check on it for you. Maybe this will bump your post so that someone in northern WV will see it and be able to lend a hand. Good luck.

Jim

5. YAPP

YAPP

Update!

Well Greyhound employees make the the California DMV workers look like highly motivated hard chargers. Maybe it's the same folks moonlighting? But like the DMV, every now and then you find someone who actually gives a shit. That person was Jessica and she made actual phone calls to chase down the package and it was found and delivered last night.

Lessons learned.
    #1 Just don't use Greyhound.

#2 If your stuff is worth more than $300 split it up into several shippments (that can get lost too...how does that make sense?) or just dont use Greyhound.

#3 Write the address and destination, recipients name and telephone # in big letters on all sides of the box, or just don't use Greyhound.

#4 Don't ship during the holidays. Luggage takes priority. The heavier and bigger the package the less likely the driver will want to reload it and it will sit at a station and get abandonded (this was my problem). Or just don't use Greyhound.

#5 Try not to ship to small depots. The bigger stations have more bus traffic to and from, are more likley to answer their phones and be there at the hours posted, have computers to track the item in and out (but I bet bigger means they lose stuff more often too). Personally I prefer just not to use Greyhound.

The hound seems like the only way to ship large items at a decent price but man is it a crap shoot.

Thanks for letting me rant,
    Terry

6. glad you got it figured out...the part I need shipped cost more than the whole project!!!the coe>
    well IGDWIGD

7. olskoolspeed

olskoolspeed
    from Ohio

I just follow rule / lesson #1.