Register now to get rid of these ads!

YAY-HOO Cup - Over and Done, or...?

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by BLAKE, Jul 7, 2016.

1. daschaefer

daschaefer

image.jpeg image.jpeg
    Ok so all this talk from A-Bone bringing a secret weapon has inspired me to get my car back together,,,,
    I just hired these Ace Mechanics (neighborhood kids)
    to tear down last years grenade motor ,,,,, this kids are so talented they can take the Pistons out with without unbolting the rods,,,, and can remove the camshaft thru the oil drain plug,,, haha"
    Guess I'll slap something together so I can sling some Pistons at ya!!!

Firedome likes this.
  2. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Geez, man...what do you DO to these things?????

Hope you get it together so I can give you a proper whuppin.

See ya, -Abone.

3. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

I might have my Cometkazi truck back together in time but I had planned on just running my '40 coupe which runs mid 12's and isn't nearly fast enough to compete for the cup. But I will be looking forward to seeing you guys running for the cup again.

4. The cup has been won by 12 second cars. Its goes up and down. The racing is getting faster just better.

5. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Yeah, I think Jason won it running 12's last year or was that 2 years ago. The last year I ran for it, I ran low 12's on my white wall bias plies and I think Mike won it running high 10's in that Henry J

6. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A 12 second '40 coupe is a pretty bad mo-fo in the grand scheme of things and would stand a pretty good chance of taking home the hardware this year. The road is the great equalizer. You might have a 9 second terror ride, but if it shits the bed on the side of the road halfway to Joplin, you are out of luck.

Maybe I would spot you a car length in my top secret project? Or at least save you a cold beer in the hotel parking lot.

See you in August.
    -Abone.

Russco likes this.
  7. daschaefer

daschaefer

Just found out my blower is toast....
    Thinking about doing this year as a spectator unless you don't mind me putting some BBQ sauce on that Pontiac and eating it naturally aspirated... Hahaha....
    I'm actually in total limbo of slapping another Grenade together... I just scored a 30k mile 1985 RV smog motor that would be a proper sacrifice to keep my name on the Yahoo Cup! Muahahahahaha,,,, let the smack talk begin!!!!

8. jho

jho
    from Omaha

I know my car is slow

9. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Hardly...

10. ryno

ryno

glad to see this is handled, if you need a spot to set up, ill have my ez ups and tables set up in the same spot, your more then welcomed to keep it set up there as always. or if you prefer to move it i can provide a table for you?

Firedome likes this.
  11. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sounds like you are trying to reel in some suckers and take their money with that big FE of yours.

There is gonna be some nice close racing this year, gonna be a good one. I think the Cup will be won in the 12 second zone. But you never know, my top secret project just might be set on total world domination.......

-Abone.

12. jho

jho
    from Omaha

HA! Looking forward to seeing the new ride! Ive done a couple small things nothing to crazy.

13. BLAKE

BLAKE

You guys crack me up.

14. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

think i'll throw my hat in the ring,,, im bringing my 53 ford ,,but it has the powerplant from the henry j..this will be its first time down the track,,

ryno likes this.
  15. Ryno
    I appreciate it. Set up with you or table will work for me. We'll work it out later this week.

My thrash starts this evening.

Firedome likes this.
  16. ryno

ryno

cool, same spot as always, just pass the grandstands on the pit side, white ez ups along fence...

BLAKE likes this.
  17. Yep makes it easy to find.;)
    I really appreciate it.

18. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Mr. Beaner, My Lovely Wife and I aren't bringing a car this year and would be glad to help man the table off and on for the weekend as long as there is shade (wife has to have shade). Let me know or find me in the lot Friday night.

19. You're on. I am sharing space with Ryno so there will be shade. I'll make sure that there is water. or something.

I'll be with the Pharos Friday night.

20. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Sounds good, probably be later Friday when we get in. Wife thought she would get off early but may not happen. I'll find ya.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

21. If I turn in early I'll tell 'em at the front desk that you're looking for me.;)Likely I'll be up 'til the wee hours (la madrugada).;)

22. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

How'd it go? Did anyone compete for the cup? Do we have a winner?

23. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

I'm gonna say Sam probly pulled it off with his 9 second pass in the ol roadster pickup I broke my crap so I was out

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

24. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Sam it is. Beaner should post the pics of the impromtu pesentation ceremony when he recovers from the weekend.

Sent from my SM-G920T using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

BLAKE and Tim like this.
  25. BLAKE

BLAKE

That thing is one sexy beast!

[​IMG]

26. Holy shit! Sam ran 9s with a model A with front fenders? He must have been running over 140 at the top end and I can just imagine the front end lift with those fenders at that speed.....
    Congrats, Sam!

27. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

Very fine indeed!

28. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

It was pretty impressive for sure. So congrats to Sam IAm! I also saw Nick ( Malcolm) get into the 11's in his roadster too not too shabby at all for a real true street car like that.

29. Rusty

Rusty

9 second 4 speed pass as well