Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Your wildest street cars..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by themoose, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Howdy Kevin!

Jeff Jones, Bakersfield.

loudbang likes this.
  2. My daily driver. Had it since '65, on the road from about '71 thru '73 in VERY DANGEROUS form. Tore it down in '74, finally rebuilt it to semi- safe current condition in '95, been driving it ever since. last shot is a dream scenario created by sister on Photoshop. Never piss off someone who knows PotoShop!! Old days 2.jpg

Early  B&W 2.jpg

2007 WR w- Halibrands.jpg

GGG1.JPG

3. Same as me I had to sell a 56 ford sedan I had just put A 390 in. A large hammer to the firewall was needed.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
    loudbang likes this.
  4. My '51 coupe has a sleeper look, a 392 hemi under the hood.
    [​IMG]
    A narrowed 9" Currie rear, T400 with a Gear Vendors OD plus HH Aluminum heads, Isky cam, MSD, etc

5. Wow...That is a sleeper..Never saw one like it.Great car

Spoggie and loudbang like this.
  6. Hi Jeff, we should catch up some time whenI'm in Bakersfield.

7. 327Eric

327Eric

Had a 427 in this, about 11 to one compression, dual quads, 4 speed. The baddest bitch I ever drove. Make a Hemi Cuda cry. Now its a 327, may not make anyone cry, but I can afford to drive her. KIMG0027.JPG

Lionheart, Spoggie, hendelec and 9 others like this.
  8. Great looking car..I've always liked the 59 EL CAMINO in fact here's a rendering I did 23.jpg for the FAS a while back of a "Slightly Modified Version"

Lionheart, quick85, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  9. earlymopar

earlymopar

biggeorge and loudbang like this.
  10. Come on guys ...Dig out those old pictures !!!!!

11. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Dangit. I really liked the work it had going on.

And that F1 for sale.... uh.. they can keep it

12. HAMBERS from Indiana, trying to locate this car, sold in 1979, to the Baumgartner boys (?) Huntington, IN or Bluffton IN (?) I know this is OT.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
    biggeorge and loudbang like this.
  13. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

I think your old car is the subject of this very recent Hot Rod Magazine article.

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/russia-hacks-chevrolet-steals-camaro-design/

14. loudbang

loudbang

15. Assembling that carb setup looks a little dicey! Getting all the tubes connected with the carbs properly spaced must have been an all-afternoon project.

16. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Yes, the text of the article is a complete fabrication for April Fool's Day. I'm saying the photos look to be the same car with a lot of bad fiberglass work done to it.

*edit* 1927Graham reached out to me and indicated this is a different body, but made by the same manufacturer that made his.

Attached Files:

• 1973.jpg
      1973.jpg
      File size:
      137.8 KB
      Views:
    • now1.JPG
      now1.JPG
      File size:
      122.8 KB
      Views:
    • 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      133.4 KB
      Views:
    • now3.JPG
      now3.JPG
      File size:
      106.1 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      195.5 KB
      Views:
    • now2.JPG
      now2.JPG
      File size:
      115.2 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
    1927graham and loudbang like this.
  17. 33skippy

33skippy

allthough ive only tested it on the street, the pic is an undoctored pic it now runs a 429 ford and has been to the pub down the road for a beer a few times for a laugh the chap who's drive i do a 10 point turn in loves old cars so all is good. img015.jpg

18. 33skippy

33skippy

19. Seen this for sale and thought of your post. FB_IMG_1491535199677.jpg

Lionheart, biggeorge and loudbang like this.
  20. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

21. loudbang

loudbang

A little less pain in the neck this way LOL. o_O

img015.jpg

biggeorge likes this.
  22. 120mm

120mm
    from Iowa

I owned a very early hipo '65 (some call it 64.5, but that's not correct) Mustang. Notchback, of course, with T10 4 speed 3.25 gears and mostly bondo. I had no clue what I had until I called the old Ford museum with the VIN to find out its history. That's what you did, back before internetz. They ended up bugging me to donate it, but ended up buying it when I went off to college. Even though it was quite tired and made a little smoke, it would still get rubber in all 4 gears. (Good year Blue Streak bias plies!!!)

The wildest car I ever owned, I was 50/50 in with my best friend. We found a '68 Belvedere 4 door sedan, which had a 440 cross ram dual quad setup, I suppose it was from the factory. You could no kidding get that big old front end to lift enough to scare the crap out of two 17 year old kids. Dad wondered why I would spend $400 on half of a "family car", but he didn't know what was under the hood. :)

Last edited: May 22, 2017
    themoose and loudbang like this.
  23. A well known hot rod collector/builder has been searching for this car. I got a call from him today and he said, "are you sitting down? I found your car". Wow, this has been an emotional rollercoaster!!!

Max Gearhead, loudbang and AHotRod like this.
  24. Lionheart

Lionheart

Here are a few of the pavement pounders I've owned.
    All were licenced, and I drove everyone of these on the
    street, through out the 60's - 70's - 80's and some into the 90's.

'29 Ford roadster, Blown Chry Hemi.
    '41 Willys, (PSYCO), Blown 427 Chev
    '60 Vette, 383 Chev with 2 4's.
    '65 'Stang, 430 hp. sb Ford,,, Bought New, still have it tucked
    away it in a corner of my shop for the last 43 years.
    To the Mods, If any of these last 3 offend the rules here, please Delete... thx, Lanny
    '66 Corvette, 427 Chev
    '66 Cobra, 427 Ford
    '67 Camaro, 454 with 2 4's

Sorry for the crappy old pics. Click on pics to Enlarge.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  25. @Lionheart ....All great cars but I sure would have liked to give the Willys a whirl !

loudbang likes this.
  26. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

I used to dream of mustang's like that as a kid.... Nice

loudbang likes this.
  27. So that would be the one we broke the most parts on? My dropped in 396. in an old 409 SS car ....thread to follow some day....

loudbang likes this.
  28. UPDATE 4/29/2017: I am now in negotiations to buy back my street driven funny car I built in 1971, I know this is OT but what the heck, I'm excited!!

Last edited: May 1, 2017
    belair, swade41, Chucky and 6 others like this.
  29. kmrumedy

kmrumedy

Well.....I'm reliving being 15 years old again and pretending it is the mid-1970's. I couldn't afford a cool car but my friends who were a couple of years older than me all had muscle cars, mostly Mopars. I worked on my friends cars and never forgot the looks and the raked stance of those cars.

So I have been working on this for 3 years now. 1964 Plymouth - Car has built 360 bored .30 over, 727 with reversed valvebody, fenderwell headers, rollcage, trans brake, narrowed Ford rearend spool 4.11 runs high 10's low 11's depending on exhaust.

Each weekend I put the car at the end of my driveway ( I live on the water on a scenic drive - lots of old cars pass by on weekends). I take out some old rusted jack stands, a ghetto blaster from 1981, and a cassette ( yes a cassette ) and blast Dark Side of the Moon as loud as I can. I just feel like a teenager again. Lots of cars stop and people just come to chat. It's awesome.

Here is a pic.

[​IMG]

Here is vid of engine running. Love the sound of this engine. ( Yes, the " triangle of death" air filter has been changed. )

Cool thread. I can't believe the builds on here. It is very humbling. Just awesome work guys.

30. Wow that's cool...Hope you able to put a deal together. Will you still be able to drive it on the street with the current laws???

loudbang likes this.